Topic: 3.63, minor glitch, crafting javelins  (Read 2989 times)

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« on: January 29, 2021, 11:23:48 PM »
This goes to same category as joining tying equipment with varied quality levels.
When crafting Javelins, and there's fine staff in the pile of staves; all made javelins come out as fine javelins. Not a big issue. But glitch nonetheless (should our characters to be able to produce fine staves from slender trunks, as we can produce fine and perfect boards from trunks... I'd say yes)

Please excuse to cropped screen shots, new test character, crafting in a village, lot of door and noise spam.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 12:49:59 AM »
This time the results came odd. Not all Fine, but mix of Fine-Decent-Rough. With 70 Carpentry, Masterwork handaxe and 1% weight penalty.
The fine staves are difficult to find.

PALU

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 10:19:51 AM »
That's actually in line with what I would expect (for a legitimate input of all fine staves), i.e. some fine, some decent, and some rough, with an emphasis on decent. With all superior staves I'd expect an occasional superior, a reasonable number of fine, a reasonable number of decent, and possibly an occasional rough, but the skill level plus input and tool quality might block rough altogether.