Topic: How often do villages renew their inventory?  (Read 4350 times)

aadesh60

« on: January 18, 2021, 08:23:58 PM »
I started as a Kaumolainen, I`ve made one trip to Driik for trade, however I already acquired everything worth getting. I did some hunting and on my second trip I`m hoping to find a masterwork longbow, it would seem the driik still have the same inventory.

So how often do they restock?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 03:05:11 PM by Erkka »

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 08:50:45 PM »
NPC towns 'slowly' replace/refresh goods. Could be weeks months to get 'good' amount of refresh.
The perception/imagery is that 'other NPC' traders need to flow through to get goods.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Erkka

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 09:47:20 PM »
Sigh. This one is a direct copypaste from a reddit post. Smells like spam.
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo

rudy

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 09:51:55 PM »
Sigh. This one is a direct copypaste from a reddit post. Smells like spam.
Not necessarily. A lot of people would the same question in two places, especially if they're not satisfied with the answer they got in the first.

Not saying it's not spam, but I don't know if I'd assume it based on that alone, since the copy-paste is relevant.

Erkka

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 10:03:56 PM »
Yes, I didn't ban / delete the user account right away, leaving open the possibility that this indeed is a real person asking a valid question. Although, that doesn't seem very likely to me. In Reddit the OP says: "Well found the answer. From the developer.", and I find it somewhat hard to imagine why the same person would come here 24 days later with a different username to post the exact same question which they said to be already answered by the game developer.
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo

erinemartin1

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 11:22:38 AM »
It's suggested on Reddit trying "to browse news.txt in game's installation folder and search for restock" but what values exactly are we looking for there?

Chandler1

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 08:14:49 AM »
It's suggested on Reddit trying "to browse news.txt in game's installation folder and search for restock" but what values exactly are we looking for there?
I am also looking for the information regarding the same. Kindly please help!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 07:13:43 AM by Chandler1 »

Tom H

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2021, 08:40:08 PM »
From my experience, tools, weapons, equipment, and the like have taken over a year to be replaced. Otoh, after the new smokehouse rules, I went through a LOT of salt and had depleted the 8 villages nearest to me. Surprisingly, only weeks later everybody had sacks of salt again.

It's not Gospel, but that's been my experience in the game.

anything