Topic: Attacked by robbers. I have a couple questions.  (Read 2366 times)

« on: January 11, 2021, 01:49:41 PM »
Like the title says, robbers attacked me and took my stuff. I managed to kill one of the robbers before I fell unconscious, though, and I want to return and take his stuff (after giving the others time to leave the area -- fighting them is too risky). Is this doable? I also lost my reindeer along with my things. Is there any chance of finding my reindeer again, or is it gone for good?

Also, any tips on returning to where this happened would be appreciated. Can I track down where the robbers were somehow, or should I just take this as a lesson learned and leave a map marker pre-emptively next time?

PALU

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 02:10:40 PM »
It is possible. Robbers aren't particularly good at picking up stuff from fallen companions.
The robbers should take the things on the reindeer, although I don't know if they actually do. If you wait long enough for the robbers to have left the area the reindeer is probably gone. If you return promptly it might be in the vicinity (unless killed).

It's possible to use some calculations from the log notes to determine the location, but I don't know these myself. Using in-game measures, you can determine approximately where the robbers were by combining your knowledge of approximately the route you were taking with the overland map if the route is through uncharted territory by seeing where the charted area ends along the route. If it happened in well known territory you only have the memory of your route.

Making a map marker is the best approach, and if you just have your character wake up and the overland map provides a fairly decent indication of where the robbers are, you can make a note there, saying e.g. "Robbers 9S 15E" (I use that kind of notes when I see Njerps, both as a warning to self and as a way to find them if I decide to go back to the homestead to gear up for war before hunting them down).

Tom H

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 05:28:34 PM »

anything