Topic: Village services  (Read 2590 times)

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« on: January 07, 2021, 04:04:53 AM »
Parts of this have been suggested before if memory serves.

Sometimes when we start the game, our character might have couple rye breads. Not the flat ones we can bake ourselves, but the sourdough risen ones. Yet we can’t buy them nor bake them ourselves. That brings us to the core of this suggestion.

Enable asking villager housewife, maiden (in future: old women, once added) to bake a batch of rye breads. Provide flour, with some extra* as payment for the work. Come and collect in the evening after a full day from morning. I.e. ask for rye bread to be baked early morning and get it evening the same day. Ask for the rye bread baking morning, or later in the day; and it will be baked the day after.

The same could be done with fish or meat smoking; bring in fish or meat, ask for a villager to smoke it, come collect it (10% to 20% less, for payment for the work)

Ask a craftsman to make punt, net, longbow, dozen fine arrows, and so on and on. Pay for the product, then come back later to pick it up. Of course the craftsman could sometimes refuse, responding “I’m sorry but I don’t know how to make a longbow” or “I’m busy with other jobs right now, come see me in few days”

*or alternative payment for the work.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 05:45:10 AM by JP_Finn »

Erkka

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 09:14:53 AM »
I think all of this is already listed in the official development goals, where it says:

Ability to ask a craftsman to make you a certain item; to be paid and obtained after it's ready
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 05:47:34 PM »
Ah, that’s were I recalled reading it.
I hope it includes not just crafters, but also bakers and smokers  :D