Topic: Has the hoarding limit been increased?  (Read 3239 times)

BackToHome

« on: December 20, 2020, 06:32:59 PM »
I'm a hoarder by nature. When I play I start hoarding everything I find. I remember the game telling me to hoard wisely or items may disappear.

Has that changed? I don't want to spend time playing and then realize that my stuff disappears.

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 06:51:42 PM »
It's not been raise/changed to my knowledge.
 Understanding you have a problem is the first step  ;)

Don't stop hording, but spread your horde. Make a couple camps and horde some there too.
Limits apply to small areas like a specific settlement/overland tile.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

JP_Finn

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 08:01:04 PM »
Privateer has it down.
Also, the limit isn't per individual items, but "inventory stacks"

As you can have thousands of branches (e.g. after building cabin) in a single pile and you won't be thousands of items in to the item limit, but just one 'stack' towards the items limit.

BackToHome

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 08:04:20 PM »
It's not been raise/changed to my knowledge.
 Understanding you have a problem is the first step  ;)

Don't stop hording, but spread your horde. Make a couple camps and horde some there too.
Limits apply to small areas like a specific settlement/overland tile.

I'll have to do that. Do you know how far apart the camps must be?

JP_Finn

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 08:16:17 PM »
If I recollect it right, it's beyond adjacent 8 tiles.
i.e. when you enter Zoom In view, it loads all 8 surrounding Wilderness view tiles. So you'll need 2 Wilderness tiles between stashes.

I'm not 100% on it and if your game loads tiles further out on Zoom In -- Zoom Out, you'll need to distance the hoards further away.

PALU

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2020, 08:46:30 PM »
Another strategy to avoid trouble with hoarding is to make things stackable. That doesn't work for everything, but clothing can be converted into bandages and/or cords. Badly worn clothing recovered from slain enemies are better converted into something useful, as you're not going to use them as clothing anyway (you can keep a set of "beggar's clothing" for bandit quest recon purposes).

It can also be noted that constructions count as stacks, so a wall made out of normal logs and rain felled logs consists of two stacks, while a fence can consist of three stacks of inferior, poor, and decent quality stakes, plus two stacks of withes (each withe of a different quality).

However, making sure every item of the same type is stored on the same tile goes a long way towards consolidating things into piles (it can be noted that the game doesn't consolidate piles into common piles on its own if they change to become compatible, so if you throw all your stale meat onto a pile and it rots, and you keep doing that for a long time, you can get a fair number of different stacks of the same kind of rotten meat that consolidate if you pick them up and drop them again).

anything