Topic: Please add ability to 'detect' NPCs  (Read 4432 times)

Privateer

« on: November 29, 2020, 09:24:40 PM »
 I am requesting 'Suggesting' that the ability to detect NPCs by some specific property be added to the Modification system.

There are probably more reasons than I have thought of, but I think it would provide a method to more deeply interact with NPCs.
Being able to 'learn' from a craftsman or ask an old woman how to do something by using their designation in a craft eg:

Code: [Select]
.Grannies Mead.  *COOKERY*  /30/  \30d\ %60%
{[NEARBY_NPC:Old Woman]} 'Ask an Old Woman'
{Berries}   #1# '+to be added'   [boil] [remove] [name:%s grannymead]
{* honey combs} #2# 'Honey combs'  [remove] [boil]
{Water} #6# 'water to boil'  [remove] [boil]
{Barrel plug}  '+to cap it off'     [remove] 
{Knife} '+for chopping berries'

Thanks for looking
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 10:04:12 PM »
I am requesting 'Suggesting' that the ability to detect NPCs by some specific property be added to the Modification system.

There are probably more reasons than I have thought of, but I think it would provide a method to more deeply interact with NPCs.

We understand there are many crafting syntax ideas which can come up in modding, but in general we tweak and enchance the syntax foremostly based on the game’s need and the modding possibilities then follow.
If the stuff you are thinking of would fit in the game world you can also take time to polish your ideas into a separate suggestion about new NPC interactions to add.
- Sami | UnReal World creator