Topic: [3.63] Tying equipment quality exploit  (Read 2959 times)

paulkorotoon

« on: October 21, 2020, 07:42:33 AM »
When joining cords, the resulting one seems to inherit the quality of a cord player chooses second. Say, if you're joining a fine cord to a decent cord, you still get a fine cord.

This way, having just one cord of better quality makes possible to obtain an infinite amount of better cord.

UPD: @JP_Finn figured out that the exploit works for any joinable tying equipment.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 11:38:06 AM by paulkorotoon »
Biggest Russian UrW fan

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 05:23:46 AM »
I’ve not recorded the results on joining varied quality cords, but would recollect that after couple joins, decent cords with harsh ones, the additional joins became harsh. (Easy to cheese around that by turning all below decent fur/leather to bandages first)

It could run similar calculations on the cord quality (I believe it uses COMMON as the skill) as repairing a fur garment with lower quality fur. E.g. repairing decent quality bear fur coat with harsh bear fur, after fixing it enough, namely 50%+ is of lower grade, the garments grade changes from decent “bear fur coat” to “harsh bear fur coat”

paulkorotoon

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 09:18:54 AM »
I've tested joining a few times, and it seems that only sequence matters. If first choose a fine cord and then a decent one, you get a decent cord. If first choose a decent cord and then a fine one, you get a fine cord.

Didn't know about the repairing thing, thanks for the info.
Biggest Russian UrW fan

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 06:02:21 PM »
@paulkorotoon:
You’re correct, it does indeed take the quality of the second cord and applies it to the end product.  Combining harsh 75’ cord with 1’ fine cord results in 76’ fine cord. Combining 76’ fine cord with 1’ decent cord results in 77’ decent cord. And so on.

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 04:30:27 AM »
I did further tests with leather rope and birchbark rope.
All joined tying equipment get their quality modified to the 2nd item selected as reported

Can’t test withes, as they’re coded as nonjoinable. But pretty sure they’d follow the pattern.

paulkorotoon

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 11:38:30 AM »
Thanks @JP_Finn, I've updated the first post.
Biggest Russian UrW fan

anything