Topic: Full screen resolution  (Read 12755 times)

Mati256

« on: May 29, 2017, 03:32:51 AM »
Just fired up the game and noticed I'm a bit tired of the square resolution. Maybe it's time to move higher resolutions higher on on the list of things to do.

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 05:39:30 PM »
The window is resizeable now! You can resize it with your mouse, and it will remember how big you had it last time when you open it up next.

additionally, you can use your mouse wheel to zoom in and out of the playing field so you can see more of your surroundings, too.

Mati256

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 03:00:01 AM »
You are talking about logical resize? I'm talking about full resolution., not stretched. If I want to go full screen now, the text is so stretched that it's not comfortable to read, and the whole game looks bad.

Plotinus

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 08:42:38 AM »
oh, there's a way to turn off the stretching:

Go into setup and where it says "logical resize", set it to "yes". No will make it stretched, "yes" will put a black border to the right and left so that it isn't stretched.

Mati256

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 11:45:35 PM »
Yes again, but what I'm talking about is landscape resolution to fit modern monitors. Maybe it was not clear in my original post.

Plotinus

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 11:55:56 AM »
oh, sorry

Soapstone

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2021, 12:17:27 AM »
I would agree with this. I would expect there to at least be an option in the settings file to change the screen resolution, from what I have read, the game runs only in 800x600, and my monitor is a widescreen hdtv, and runs at 1360x768.

when I run on fullscreen, i get black bars on the sides, when i select the other option, all it does is stretches it and makes it look weird, as the other poster mentioned.

what needs to happen in 2021 at the very least, is to have the option to have a full resolution rescaling to fit modern monitors/tv's at fullscreen resolution for widescreen settings @ 16:9, fullscreen @ 4:3 is a thing of the past and has been for several years now since HDTV's came out.

what this means is NO graphics are getting stretched to fill the screen to the max, they are getting rescaled to look as they would in the original resolution but filling the entire widescreen view without stretching AND WITHOUT the black bars on the sides of the game screen.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 12:24:48 AM by Soapstone »

ineedcords

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2021, 12:43:39 AM »
I agree would be good to get this done... so that you know, this has been suggested before and the devs have already confirmed that they agree & it needs to happen although unclear when:

Yes we should update to modern resolutions, and it's mandatory at some point, but that's full rewrite of the graphics engine then.
To come up with good time lasting design it's six months of planning and at least another six for creating, and additional three for testing and putting things together.

When do we take that sort of graphics break, I don't know.

Use of full available resolution for the game is of course preferred, but it's debatable if that means using all the screen for map by default.

source: https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=5358.msg12857#msg12857
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

anything