Topic: [3.63] Ghost-Spruces in the forest  (Read 9568 times)

user1805

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2020, 01:42:54 PM »
You did find a real bug though, the message should be that it hits a spruce sapling, and the dog should eat it.

Still not, as there was no spruce sapling on that tile.

(I refer to my game of course, let me say that to aviod more mess. Never would try to suppose someting to your game. Thats other people style).

Didnt I tell and also confirm again that there was only a dog on that tile.

Maybe two years of play this game again is not as much as others did but by far enough to know how to use the F3 function.

There was only dog. And after taking the screenshot I doublechecked it and triple checked it by also stepping on that tile again and check again whats there > A dog and nothing but a dog.

That was already clear after my 2nd post, only it was not believed obviously. And still im telling the same thing again. Dont you think that can make me tired and asking myself >why dont they believe that. Is it possible that I make such a stupid impression< I dont think so.

Its really hard to convince here someone. And telling clear things again and again slowly makes me tired.

Erkka

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2020, 01:53:46 PM »
There was only dog. And after taking the screenshot I doublechecked it and triple checked it by also stepping on that tile again and check again whats there > A dog and nothing but a dog.

So, to get this bug fixed we would need either

1. a detailed description of steps how to reproduce the conditions for this bug - then we can take those steps at the development side and see what happens in the code and fix the bug.

or

2. a savegame at the site where the bug has occurred, and any additional details (like the exact location of the tile where it says that a thrown item hits a young spruce when there is nothing there but a dog).

user1805, if you can provide either 1. or 2., please do so. Otherwise we can do nothing but to label this under "vague and random incidents which have been reported once but never seen again, so we really can't know if this is a bug in the game code, or some sort of random interference by other software running on the user's computer."
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo

Tom H

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2020, 09:12:24 PM »
Also, an "Honorary Lifetime Supporter" gets to learn the secret handshake and only has to spend weekends in the barrel...  (Well, that's what I heard!)

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2020, 07:02:49 PM »
From all the evidence and testing also myself this situation behaves exactly like what would happen if there was a dog to be fed and spruce sapling occupying the same tile. The game tells the hit to spruce sapling confusingly as hit to young spruce - like Plotinus already confirmed. And even if the feeding throw isn't missed the hit to sapling is checked (and notified) in cases like this.
So I'm very confirmed that this was the case and not a bug in question.

Except that user1805 says:

Now I want to confirm you checked it with look commands? As merely stepping on tile where a sapling is doesn't produce any note about the sapling.
Also, do you still happen to have this character alive?
- Sami | UnReal World creator

user1805

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2020, 04:09:08 PM »
PSR is available but will not upload because of the tiny restriction for uploads. The part of the msg log is attached.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2020, 07:56:20 PM »
PSR is available but will not upload because of the tiny restriction for uploads. The part of the msg log is attached.

You can send the save to me by e-mail.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2020, 04:10:52 PM »
After all, I'm pretty sure this was case of hitting a sapling, but the messages just lack the sapling information in the current version - 3.63.
In the next patch thrown object hit messages do display the sapling information properly.

Case closed - persists in 3.63.

anything