Topic: Why are my pets fighting each others?  (Read 4561 times)

skyleaf

« on: August 27, 2020, 05:26:30 PM »
I was preparing my luggage inside my house, packing foods into my bull and heard sound of fighting right behind me.
My sow was chasing my dog and my dog was clearly got beaten. No clues on how this happened.
It never happened before, anyone tell me how is this happening?

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 08:18:58 PM »
it's happened to me with sheep and dog too, sometimes the animal just gets scared of the dog and flees and then attacks it. i think it's a bug

Tom H

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 12:45:02 AM »
 In the past, I've accidentally shot a dog and the others attacked and killed it.

I once accidentally hit my sow and was attacked by it. My solution that time is as follows: One solution I've found to work is to tie (if possible) the animal to a tree, keep your other animals apart from it, and then log out the game.

Avoid shooting your own animals when hunting/fighting. Avoid clubbing your own animals while hunting/fighting.

skyleaf

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 02:06:37 AM »
it's happened to me with sheep and dog too, sometimes the animal just gets scared of the dog and flees and then attacks it. i think it's a bug

Maybe it's a feature :P

In the past, I've accidentally shot a dog and the others attacked and killed it.

I once accidentally hit my sow and was attacked by it. My solution that time is as follows: One solution I've found to work is to tie (if possible) the animal to a tree, keep your other animals apart from it, and then log out the game.

Avoid shooting your own animals when hunting/fighting. Avoid clubbing your own animals while hunting/fighting.

that's useful to know, but in this case I believe I haven't hit my sow/ dog lately :-\

Plotinus

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 07:04:27 AM »
One thing you can do if your animal is escaping is unleash it and then quickly releash it. This calms it down. Might be safest to do it indoors but I've never had it move in the time it takes to unleash and releash, it might not consume a full turn.

skyleaf

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2020, 05:21:53 PM »
One thing you can do if your animal is escaping is unleash it and then quickly releash it. This calms it down. Might be safest to do it indoors but I've never had it move in the time it takes to unleash and releash, it might not consume a full turn.

I often unleash my dogs in hunting elks, while unleash doesn't seem to consume any turn, leash animals certainly does consume a bit of time.

Plotinus

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2020, 03:15:31 PM »
Yes it uses a little bit of time, but not enough time for the sow to run away from you, especially if it's already breathless, but maybe even if it not's fatigued.

anything