Topic: Cethegus sledwagon reborn  (Read 18526 times)

Brygun

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2020, 03:09:14 AM »
On Flotation

Currently we can't provide a flotation rating though it is my hope we one day wood.

I think the sled being a box shape is actually a floating shape so at least floating its own weight.

The trees and logs on it would be weird except that they themselves float.

I'm also considering using the sled on the Clinkered punt as that gives it a way to be towed overland.

Brygun

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2020, 03:40:44 AM »
This is my next version for BAC. It uses the "Roach" for filling the container. I figured out the code to allow tree trunks and slender tree trunks as well as the original logs.

>>>>>

Code: [Select]
// Sledwagon
// Integration of Galgana's Cethegus sledwagon reborn
// Itself drawing on ideas from Privatter's quiver mod
//
// from https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=5673.0
// adapted to BAC with minor edits, wheels now madatory
// Sled build time longer from 1h to 2h
// Load efficiency is 1:20 original.
//

.Sledwagon. "Wooden tub" *TIMBERCRAFT* /2h/ [effort:3] [phys:arms,stance] [assist:3] |-2| [noquality]
{Board} (8) [remove] [ground] '+ for frame and skis'
{Block of wood} (4) [remove] [ground] '+ for summertime wheels'
{Axe} <Carving axe> '+ for shaping'
{Rope} =40= [remove] '+ for pulling harness'
{Rope} =60= [remove] '+ for securing loads'
[WEIGHT:25]
[CONT_CAPACITY:240]
[TILEGFX:gg-sledge]

.Load tree trunk. "Roach" *COMMON* /10/ [patch:9] [effort:3] [phys:arms,stance] [assist:3] [noquality]
{Sledwagon*} [ground] '+ stand near sledwagon'
{Tree trunk} [remove] [ground] [patchwise]
[NAME:Tree trunk on sled]
[TILEGFX:Trunk]
[MATERIAL:wood]
[WEIGHT:25]

.Offload tree trunk. "Tree trunk" *COMMON* /5/ \1\ [patch:12] [effort:3] [phys:arms,stance] [assist:3] [noquality]
{Tree trunk on sled} #25# [remove] [patchwise]
[NAME:tree trunk]

.Load log. "Roach" *COMMON* /10/ [patch:12] [effort:3] [phys:arms,stance] [assist:3] [noquality]
{Log} [remove] [ground] [patchwise]
[NAME:Log on sled]
[TILEGFX:log]
[WEIGHT:20]

.Offload log. "Log" *COMMON* /5/ \1\ [patch:12] [effort:3] [phys:arms,stance] [assist:3] [noquality]
{Log on sled} #20# [remove] [patchwise]
[NAME:Log]

.Load slender trunk. "Roach" *COMMON* /10/ [patch:12] [effort:3] [phys:arms,stance] [assist:3] [noquality]
{Slender trunk} [remove] [ground] [patchwise]
[NAME:Slender trunk on sled]
[TILEGFX:sltrunk]
[WEIGHT:2.5]

.Offload slender tree trunk. "Slender tree trunk" *COMMON* /5/ \1\ [patch:12] [effort:3] [phys:arms,stance] [assist:3] [noquality]
{Slender trunk on sled} #2.5# [remove] [patchwise]
[NAME:Slender tree trunk]

Brygun

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2020, 04:15:46 AM »
Also tested a clinkered punt load, offload then go boating.

Oddly as a food item when dropped it needs one clock tick to go from "being prepared" to being available.

I think was a good thing you guys did. 

Now with the tree trunks you can have woodsman NPCs come do mass loggings with you and get them back to the stead. This means leaving scenic woods around your stead or using the trees from the farms a few tiles away. The punt is just a bonus.

Galgana

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2020, 01:22:31 AM »
Oddly as a food item when dropped it needs one clock tick to go from "being prepared" to being available.

Unloading has a 1-minute preparation time to put logs on the ground.

Perhaps I should have elaborated on the \1\ minute prep time in the original post. My intent is to have objects automatically placed on the ground when offloaded rather than making the player become encumbered by upwards several thousand pounds, seeing that crafted objects (trunks, logs, etc. in this case) are typically returned to the inventory. So auto-drop should save a few keystrokes.

Brygun

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2020, 08:11:34 AM »
Feedback on the expanded with slender trunks

Without putting the tokens in the container as intended there is still a load limit on what the character can carry. Im using carry rather than drag the sled, not sure if that is as intended. In this way Tuukka was moving a mixed load of tree trunks and slenders. He was limited by how much he could actually carry which tended to be around 4-5 big trees and a handful of slenders if he was thick winter clothing and gear.

>>>>

Also...

Wow does this make cabins so much more manageable. Thank you for this!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 09:48:50 PM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2021, 10:46:11 PM »
"stale tree trunk on sleds"  :o

Tuukka brought a big reindeer with him to work a larger load back. I saw this in the reindeer inventory onto the second day of distant logging.

One wonders if the tree trunks go spoiled will the game code block them being offloaded.

Galgana

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2021, 11:21:03 PM »
"stale tree trunk on sleds"  :o

Tuukka brought a big reindeer with him to work a larger load back. I saw this in the reindeer inventory onto the second day of distant logging.

One wonders if the tree trunks go spoiled will the game code block them being offloaded.

You better use the [SPOILAGE_DAYS:0] tag while handling cargo in the version with fish as the base item.

Brygun

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2021, 05:35:00 AM »
Thanks again for the mod.

Tuukka is able to plan large scale moves with it. Because of how it no longer needs the haul mode you can use the wilderness map. That means the player doesnt have run 100s of keystrokes to come from a short away forest. Instead its 3 keys of movement. This makes the whole "over there" logging plausible to play.

anything