Topic: Adventurer's Needle quest  (Read 3183 times)

SheldonCooper1

« on: July 22, 2020, 09:04:43 AM »
I had been travelling for a week, and stopped for a night. I made a quick shelter and slept tight. Early in the morning, as I was gathering branches for a fire, I suddently stumbled into an angry squirrel. I tried to disengage, but the squirrel kept following me, and eventually we fought. I had nothing but my needle to wield as I had left everything else by the shelter.

The only precious item that was left there is my needle. My father gave it to me when I was a kid, and it's the only thing left of my family.

I surely want my needle back if you care to go look for it. If you find my shelter, the needle should be lying right beside it. If I get it back, you'll get rewarded with a flail lesson. I have vague recollection of the shelter location, and if you go quickly there still might be bloodscapes and squirrel tracks to be found.

It was in the south-west from here, about 200 kilometers away. I remember building my shelter at border location of large haystack area right next to haystack in the south.

I don't care if you get back anything else than the needle. Rest of my equipment out there is yours to keep, if you find them useful. You'll find me here. I won't be venturing back into the wilderness anytime soon.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 07:53:37 AM by Erkka »

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 10:23:23 AM »
Not sure if this is some new bot/spammer tactic but many of the new topics, started by first time posters are most of the topics from the reddit /r/ thread

Just saying.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

BlankPaper

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 02:24:33 PM »
I thought I had read this thread before, hah. Sneaky.

甜汤

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 03:10:03 PM »
My task was to find the hatchet. Although I found it, I took over other tasks and failed to complete them. I met a wolf and I set a trap near the shelter. At first, it was difficult for me to locate until I found the wolf in the mission

Erkka

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 05:26:30 PM »
Not sure if this is some new bot/spammer tactic but many of the new topics, started by first time posters are most of the topics from the reddit /r/ thread

So that is the trick? Huh.

I've also been wondering how some posts seem suspicious, yet they aren't (modified) copies of old posts in the forums. But to copy paste relevant material from reddit, that is some advanced spam-bot logic. Personally I'm not following reddit, so I can't recognize copypasted posts by memory.

Oh well. I have to take a second look at available anti-spam features, as it seems we need to add some more muscles to the forum anti-spam procedures.
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo

Privateer

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 10:08:47 PM »
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.