Topic: "Raw Meat" recipe change. (was 'pea soup recipe change')  (Read 4428 times)

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« on: May 05, 2020, 07:05:56 AM »
Traditionally Finnish pea soup is made with leftover ham, but URW recipe for pea soup asks, optionally, for 1 lb of raw meat.
It'd be... thematically appropriate, if we could use "left over meat" ... or in other words, preserved: salted, dried or smoked meat.

And even it'll be a pain to code, I'm suggesting to allow 1 cut of "preserved meat" to replace 1lb of raw meat in any recipe. While retaining the option to use raw meat/fat. Roleplay it as: "I got this seal fat and this dried elk meat, I think I'll simmer it into a stew."

edit: Subject
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 07:07:32 AM by JP_Finn »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 06:09:22 PM »
Traditionally Finnish pea soup is made with leftover ham, but URW recipe for pea soup asks, optionally, for 1 lb of raw meat.
It'd be... thematically appropriate, if we could use "left over meat" ... or in other words, preserved: salted, dried or smoked meat.

And even it'll be a pain to code, I'm suggesting to allow 1 cut of "preserved meat" to replace 1lb of raw meat in any recipe. While retaining the option to use raw meat/fat. Roleplay it as: "I got this seal fat and this dried elk meat, I think I'll simmer it into a stew."

edit: Subject

I don't know if the leftovers were the traditional thing back in iron-age, but nevertheless allowing preserved meat & fish to be used in cookery recipes is something that should be taken care of at some point, and to allow it. It's been suggested few times before. With dried meat & fish I'd like to either add soakig options, or to auto-lengthen the cookery times when such ingredients are used.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything