Topic: [Fixed - persists in 3.62] Bloodscrapes disappeared on reloading  (Read 5299 times)

Brygun

« on: April 22, 2020, 04:37:40 AM »
As I was writing and doing game saves for Cornan the Barbarian there was a blood scrape to be seen. I made a picture and saved the game as per my protocols for doing blog posts.

When I reloaded the game the blood scrapes were gone. There had been one right by the character as in the screen shot. Other blood scrapes were farther to the north west but they too were now gone.

Screen shot of the pre-save blood scrape attached for validation.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 03:08:31 PM by Sami »

Brygun

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 04:38:48 AM »
A 7zip of the game save is available. It is too large for the forum attachment system.

If you were to unzip and open it you would find the blood scrape is gone but all the foot prints are still all exactly in the same spot.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 04:54:19 AM »
I’ve got the feeling that since weather fades tracks, the blood scrapes disappear way faster now. Even without rain. Couple in game hours and they vanish.

I need to save—load next time I get a bleeder and see if it is reproduced from your finding.

Brygun

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 01:54:53 PM »
JP_Finn thanks for volunteering to do a confirmation  :D

I suspect that with the blood scrapes being temporary they just aren't on the list of things to save.

PALU

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 02:29:11 PM »
They definitely should be. You should be able to save UrW to take care of something else and return to continue, even if it was in the middle of a chase of a wounded animal.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 10:13:51 PM »
It's as @Brygun reports. Blood scrapes disappear on load.
See pics below. (the eagle owl is the bleeder)

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 01:26:37 PM »
I can't get this re-produced, so it's somehow condition related.
Brygun or JP if you've still got example saves available where the issue happened feel free to e-mail them over to me.

(I'm wondering could it be about the season, I did my tests when there was no snow on the ground, and bloodscapes stayed there normally.)
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Brygun

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 01:28:06 AM »
Sent a set of Cornan save files

#16 is likely the most interesting for investigation. In case they help #15 and #17 are included.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2020, 03:08:12 PM »
Got this fixed (with Cornan from Brygun. Thx!).
I seem to have flipped certain routine parameters which then broke bloodscape timestamps. It's back to normal now, which means bloodscapes are removed after two days from their first appearance. Would be better if they faded gradually, and according to elements - maybe to adjust that in the future.

Fixed - persists in 3.62.
- Sami | UnReal World creator