Topic: [Question] Max item limit per map tile?  (Read 3133 times)

Night

« on: April 15, 2020, 04:55:41 AM »
Just wondering if anyone knows roughly how many items can be placed within a single area, as I've read earlier there is infact such a limit.
URW Character Menu - Cheating menu by a player, for the players.
URW Character Designer - Design your characters sprite!

JP_Finn

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 05:41:29 AM »
The limit must be for stacks, not items within stacks. Building log... villa? usually results in high 4-, low 5-digit pile of branches. Running a farm creates tons of items.

Night

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 06:39:37 AM »
The limit must be for stacks, not items within stacks. Building log... villa? usually results in high 4-, low 5-digit pile of branches. Running a farm creates tons of items.

Just to clarify I'm talking about within a zoomed in map tile, not an individual tile you place items on, based on the data ive gathered, quantity shouldn't (?) affect this limit, only each unique item per each tile, so if you had 6 sticks and they were placed on 2 separate tiles it would affect the amount of items on the zoomed map tile by +2. This is just my theory based on the data I've seen in memory of course as I've never reached the limit through any means, and therefor have no experience with such.

Plotinus

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 06:42:36 AM »
you start getting warnings about having too many stuff around 1600 distinct items in a tile area, and then if you persist in having too much stuff then your stuff will start disappearing around 2000 distinct items.

I did used to hit the limit sometimes when i planted massive 64x64 farms but now i just plant in every third row and i dont hit the limit

Night

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 06:45:37 AM »
you start getting warnings about having too many stuff around 1600 distinct items in a tile area, and then if you persist in having too much stuff then your stuff will start disappearing around 2000 distinct items.

I did used to hit the limit sometimes when i planted massive 64x64 farms but now i just plant in every third row and i dont hit the limit

Thanks, I appreciate it.