Topic: Game course reward  (Read 3639 times)

wasz_kapitan

« on: November 07, 2019, 07:46:12 PM »
Hi,
I'm curious about Your opinion on game course rewards. I completed the first course and selected stats improvement. My speed, eyesight and others increased but I didn't noticed any change in gameplay. Skills are the same, my characted speed is same, too. Whether the increase of stats during the game has any impact? Or maybe it wasn't worth and I made a mistake?

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 11:06:07 PM »
I don't know how much of a difference it makes, but I always pick the stats increase because the other two are things i could get on my own with effort. But you are right about the things that don't change as a result of the new stats. Another thing that doesn't change is how much you can carry. It doesn't seem to be based on strength at all; instead it is just 1.5 times your weight.

Acolyte

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 03:11:14 AM »
Things actually do change. Your speed may not show a full kph change, but it's gone up. You'll see it if you complete the second course and gain another point. In therms of encumbrance while the total amount you can lift doesn't change (this is tied to your weight not strength) the encumbrance penalty is calculated at 1/2 Endurance. So if your end is 14 you will gain a +1 penalty for every 7 pound you carry (minus a clothing allowance of 1/10 of your weight).

In addition fumble and stumble rolls (when you are hit in the arms/legs and either drop your weapon or fall) are based on dex and agil. Your eyesight determines how far away you notice creatures on the zoomed out map. There are tons of little things like this tied to your attributes.

All in all, the attribute bonus is the choice I always make.

- Shane

wasz_kapitan

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 09:32:03 AM »
Thanks for reply.
My character has maxed out agility and dexterity (pretty good roll 8)), so maybe that's I can't see the difference. But I'm not sure about speed in kph. Now it's 2 , maybe 3 levels below max, so I tkink it should be 7 kph. Unfortunately it's 6kph all the time.
Time to complete second course!

Acolyte

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 03:01:13 AM »
Sounds like a good character.  8) Ya, the game course reward won't take you above max (I don't think...) but your other attributes will get the bonus. As to the speed, your encumbrance might be why it's a little slower. I know injuries certainly have that effect.

- Shane