Topic: [3.60 stable windows] Bleeding out makes an animal dissapear.  (Read 4109 times)

Clairion

« on: November 04, 2019, 12:50:20 AM »
When hunting i managed to down an elk i decided to preserve its fine skin i might as well slice it once in the neck and let it bleed out. I did so and after eating, having a drink and waiting a bit it died and its body returned to the spirit world at that exact moment leaving only a bloodscape and my arrow behind.

It could be a "feature" but i think it might be a bug.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 04:51:55 PM »
That's an interesting issue. So let me confirm that the elk was in your sight when it died, and there was a game message about its death "Elk dies." etc.?
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Clairion

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 03:29:49 PM »
Exactly that. I was standing 3 tiles away looking at it and as soon as the elk died it dissapeared.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 03:49:30 PM »
Exactly that. I was standing 3 tiles away looking at it and as soon as the elk died it dissapeared.

Okay. I tried reproducing this, but failed. Had an elk bleeding, waited until it died, but it didn't vanish - so it's something else than bleeding what caused the issue.

What kind of area it was where did happened? I'm thinking of possibilities that might have interfered.

It may be very, very tricky to have this reproduced, but if it ever happens again it would be great if you (or somebody else) could save the game right after the incident and send it over to me for further investigation.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Clairion

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 06:48:47 PM »
I will try to reproduce it and if it is reproduced i will make sure to start writing down all the stuf going on at that moment. Biome, place on map, proximity to water, etc etc.
I hope i can't reproduce it and it was just a one time thing. Otherwise if i do i will let you know.

PALU

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 11:10:18 PM »
What about NPCs doing new things nearby, given that odd things have happened due to that, or have all those issues been taken care of?

Clairion

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 11:13:32 PM »
What about NPCs doing new things nearby, given that odd things have happened due to that, or have all those issues been taken care of?

No NPCs anywhere near me when it happened. Just me and my elky buddy.