Topic: Version 3.60 beta for all platforms now available on Steam, and for Lifetimers  (Read 5894 times)

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« on: October 06, 2019, 01:19:32 PM »
Windows players have been able to explore version 3.60 beta branch for few weeks already, and now we have built and synced in also Linux and MacOS versions.

There's been few hotfix patches already, and all the supported platforms are up-to-date with them. Things have been stable and playable, and hopefully the trend will continue with Linux and MacOS builds. Our to-do list is still not completed so polishing and expanding many features continue as we stride towards the stable tag.

Version 3.60 beta is available on Steam as beta-branch you can opt-into at will. Lifetime members can find the beta version at the designated forum section.

There's been few hotfix patches already, and all the supported platforms are up-to-date with them. Things have been stable and playable, and hopefully the trend will continue with Linux and MacOS builds. Our to-do list is still not completed so polishing and expanding many features continue as we stride towards the stable tag.

Key features of version 3.60

The key features of version 3.60 version deal with NPCs, companions, domestic animals, village properties, and crafting additions. The list of additions and fixes is long and you can find the changelog here.

Who can have it?

You can have it, but you gotta get it from Steam. Standalone versions of 3.60 will follow after significantly longer time than what we have gotten used to in the past. This is because during past years donations have dried out disallowing solely donation-based development to thrive. Donations are still an option, people do it for a reason or another, but your generosity isn't any longer linked to the great perk of most up-to-date version being freely available for everyone. I'll be happy to answer possibly puzzled questions of relatively recent of near-future intending donors, so don't hesitate to eg. e-mail me if you feel like it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers, have fun, and let's keep our fingers crossed for the possible beta bugs being minor and scarce. But whatever their size and annoyance level may be, we've got our bows prepared for shooting them down.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

ModernNorseman

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 02:09:55 PM »
As a Mac user I say cheers for giving me no doubt what to use my Sunday on, for the rest of the day :D Thank you Sami!

*EDIT* There is currently no available betas in the menu to choose from. Has anyone else been able to select it?

***LAST EDIT*** Sorry, I did not read the Steam news, which contained the info needed. Nevermind me.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 05:15:45 PM by ModernNorseman »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 05:33:35 PM »
As a Mac user I say cheers for giving me no doubt what to use my Sunday on, for the rest of the day :D Thank you Sami!

:D Hehe. Happy to having made you happy, Norseman.
- Sami | UnReal World creator