Topic: [3.60 Beta] Returning tying equipment to the Utility menu  (Read 3014 times)

Brygun

« on: September 17, 2019, 12:35:22 AM »
Brygun of the BAC mod here.

Big mods like mine are hungry for menu space.

The new tying equipment menu has all of three (3) items in it.

???

I can understand wanting to communicate the presence of the options to new users. The cost of losing a whole menu category ~25 entry slots for only 3 items doesn't fit the menu-needs of large mods.

Short term I'm going to see about shifting them back to save on the menu with modding.

May I humbly submit to examine the cost-benefit of using a menu for 3 items. Could they not fit in the existing utility menu?

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 11:32:51 AM »
Unfortunately we don't really have time follow what's going on with mods and adjust things based on that. And flipping things back and forth isn't really desired. Majority play the vanilla game and convenience of spotting tying equipment stuff in tying equipment category is good for them, and that sub-menu is actually going to have more than three items quite soon.

Hmm. Sorry for the inconvenience. A humble vice versa suggestion would be if everything in BAC is actually that necessary for the gaming experience.

- Sami | UnReal World creator

Brygun

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 08:45:51 PM »
I do generally support the idea of popular mods making it into the base game, whether for Unreal World, Kerbal Space Program or others. Like iron working for Iron Age Finland  ;)

Technical BAC mod had 3 open menu slots so itself will be fine. Its more that some users use BAC plus other things.

The tightness would also clear up if we could tier the menus, 25 x 25 menus with 25 items each is a whole lot more room. Probably not a priority for coding though. I am looking forward to more useful NPCs.