Topic: Cannot buy/choose the animal I want to buy.  (Read 3951 times)

d2shr6o8av

« on: September 13, 2019, 05:34:30 PM »
A village has:
Big/average/small reindeer stags
Average/small reindeer does
inside the animal fence.

Only the average and small sized reindeer can be bought. I could eventually buy what I want (Big reindeer stag) if I bought out one of the groups (all average reindeer doe/stag or all small reindeer doe/stag).
I guess the game has a 4 selection limit for the "Buy animal" dialogue.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 11:15:02 AM by Sami »
Hoarder of hungry dogs.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 11:14:52 AM »
Not a bug, NPCs decide what they are willing to sell, from their currently available flock, and in which order.

Moreover, in the next version villagers won't never sell all of their animals so even less availability is to be expected.

It's a common false assumption in many cases in UnReal World that we aim to make everything always available for the player character's needs. :)
- Sami | UnReal World creator

d2shr6o8av

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 11:31:08 AM »
Reality check  ;D

So there's no hard limit caused by the limited dialogue window space or other reason?
I'm guessing a village could in theory have 6 purchase options (small/average/big - male/female).
I'm not sure if I've ever come across a settlement that sold more than one type of animal, if it is possible then all the purchase options might not fit in the dialogue window.
Hoarder of hungry dogs.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 12:09:18 PM »
Reality check  ;D

So there's no hard limit caused by the limited dialogue window space or other reason?
I'm guessing a village could in theory have 6 purchase options (small/average/big - male/female).
I'm not sure if I've ever come across a settlement that sold more than one type of animal, if it is possible then all the purchase options might not fit in the dialogue window.

If I recall correctly the limit of dialogue options in case of animal purchases is 5 entries, but it's not intended that every animal of every different size is a purchase option. For sure you'll find it possible to buy several different types of animals, despite of number of entries being what they are.

In next version, and NPC decisions matter even more as they want to keep certain number of animals for themselves and even if they were several sized cows and pigs, you may notice that only one purchase option for each is available. Despite of many more entries being available for the dialogue list.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything