Topic: Agriculture give me a irritation WTF  (Read 5338 times)

morrneyo

« on: August 28, 2019, 07:31:33 PM »
I planted sorrel, nettle and yarrow and waited with "-" looking at the plants.
I experienced plant evaporation while I sleep, so I forced energy to 100 with cheat engine.
Next day, while I still woke up, plants evaporated in front my eyes WTF
This also happened to the turnips.

These actions make plant evaporate after planting

1. Save and Load

2. walk away from farm

3. Entering world map

4. Fishing (maybe same as number 2)

5. Sleeping

6. Never look away and keep watching like scarecrow

Sami are you sure this is right agriculture system?

Brygun

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 12:22:05 AM »
What time of year?

Did you hit the end of the growing season?

morrneyo

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 01:27:12 AM »
What time of year?

Did you hit the end of the growing season?

Of course not, at the seedtime season! I waited every morning to sow the seed as fast as I can.

koteko

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 01:53:01 PM »
They are all Fallow crops. It's a bit of a quirk.. you plant them at Seedtime, and they disappear the next day. They'll sprout at Fallow, don't worry ;)

It would be nice if, when planted, you didn't see plants but just a slightly different ground tile. They should then sprout after X days if already in the right month, or at the start of the right month.

@Sami what do you think about this?

morrneyo

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 02:56:02 PM »
They are all Fallow crops. It's a bit of a quirk.. you plant them at Seedtime, and they disappear the next day. They'll sprout at Fallow, don't worry ;)

It would be nice if, when planted, you didn't see plants but just a slightly different ground tile. They should then sprout after X days if already in the right month, or at the start of the right month.

@Sami what do you think about this?

In my different backed-up save, They didn't sprouted till late fallow month. Is it normal? I also Planted at that season and they disappeared again

koteko

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 02:35:20 PM »
You should try again more systematically. I don't remember the day, but I don't believe it should be late fallow.

Plant them in seedtime and "fast forward" until fallow, then mark the day they all sprout. Do all of them sprout at the same time?

morrneyo

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 04:38:45 AM »
You should try again more systematically. I don't remember the day, but I don't believe it should be late fallow.

Plant them in seedtime and "fast forward" until fallow, then mark the day they all sprout. Do all of them sprout at the same time?

It somehow worked, Big thanks to you!
But I can't find what made first attempt yields no sprout, though.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 05:24:35 PM »
I experienced plant evaporation while I sleep, so I forced energy to 100 with cheat engine.

1. Save and Load

2. walk away from farm

3. Entering world map

5. Sleeping

I noticed you already got things working by now, so I don't know if this was just a confusion or a real glitch.
But was it so that ALL the things you planted disappeared, or only some? This is relevant if I try to track things further.
If you plant those in spring they should start sprouting relatively soon. Also, if the are you tried to plant things is super full of stuff it's remotely possible that the game has had to emergency clear something, and the plants happened to be considered not too important. But in this case, you should have received hoard wisely warnings long before things are too crowded.

If things still seem odd in the future you can post a bug report and I'll give this a proper look.

- Sami | UnReal World creator

morrneyo

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 02:10:32 PM »

1. Save and Load

2. walk away from farm

3. Entering world map

5. Sleeping

I noticed you already got things working by now, so I don't know if this was just a confusion or a real glitch.
But was it so that ALL the things you planted disappeared, or only some? This is relevant if I try to track things further.
If you plant those in spring they should start sprouting relatively soon. Also, if the are you tried to plant things is super full of stuff it's remotely possible that the game has had to emergency clear something, and the plants happened to be considered not too important. But in this case, you should have received hoard wisely warnings long before things are too crowded.

If things still seem odd in the future you can post a bug report and I'll give this a proper look.

Oh, OK I'll try explain it. I loaded it once so there were 2 attempt, so I'll separate it.

1) First Attempt of agriculture

At seedtime season, I planted 3 kinds vegetables; turnip, broadbean, pea, and 3 kinds of herbs; sorrel, yarrow, nettle. Vegetables sprouted normally. But when I planted herbs they all disappeared after save and load (and other actions I mentioned above), and never sprouted again even after late Fallow month. And this time I never saw "Woah, you're hoarding too much" warning sign. I peevishly planted turnip on the herb farm plot at late Fallow month, and this time, only a first few turnips sprouted and others disappeared (I had 3 farm plots separately and only first plot's turnip sprouted). And this time I saw "Woah" but I never knew that meaning and overlooked.

2) Second Attempt of agriculture

I loaded backed-up save file (It was Seedtime season at that point) and did same thing. What I mentioned above never happened this time(?!) I planted same things and this time herbs sprouted early fallow month, thanks to koteko. And everything worked normally.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2019, 02:10:43 PM »
Thanks for the details, morrneyo. Hard to say what exactly happened, but the good thing is the glitch..or whatever it was..didn't persist and planting worked out eventually. I noticed you posted a bug report too, and that's a good thing. I'll double-check some agriculture things when time allows. Also, if you still happen to have that backup agriculture save that was glitchy at some point, feel free to e-mail it - I may be able to get some additional information from there.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything