Topic: Can't Proceed Bird Thief!  (Read 3594 times)

morrneyo

« on: August 26, 2019, 08:27:52 PM »
I made steady progress the quest.
And at the last step, I laid 3 feathers in heated oven and talked about with a client.
I waited at my town like 1 week and a thief doesn't confess to me.

Client says "We still have to wait, [Player]. I have no news about the thief."

What should I do?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 08:37:00 PM by morrneyo »

PALU

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 08:58:53 PM »
It's a game gotcha. The quest says "sauna stove" and while players can make a "sauna" that works for taking a sauna bath, it's actually using a regular stove, not a sauna one: that type can only be made by NPCs (i.e. be pre generated in villages).
You'll either have to use a sauna in a village on the other method the quest mentions. Fortunately, the feathers aren't destroyed by the process using an oven, so you can collect them and try again (and there usually are enough feathers for two attempts anyway).

morrneyo

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 01:20:28 PM »
It's a game gotcha. The quest says "sauna stove" and while players can make a "sauna" that works for taking a sauna bath, it's actually using a regular stove, not a sauna one: that type can only be made by NPCs (i.e. be pre generated in villages).
You'll either have to use a sauna in a village on the other method the quest mentions. Fortunately, the feathers aren't destroyed by the process using an oven, so you can collect them and try again (and there usually are enough feathers for two attempts anyway).

But this village has no sauna cottage.

PALU

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 03:35:19 PM »

Then either use one in another village or use the base rock alternative.

morrneyo

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 05:52:56 PM »

Then either use one in another village or use the base rock alternative.

Damn I used up all my thief's feathers. Would I receive this quest later? I really want to acquire Hare's paw!
Or can I make my own paw with 'diy_glossary'? it seems does not work for me :(

PALU

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 06:31:55 PM »
You don't "use up" the feathers through the quest, as you can retrieve them from the (sauna) stove if you've followed the instructions (I suspect they now burn, which they didn't earlier, but you should put them in after the fire has died down anyway).

The quest is not unique, so you can get it again at a later time.

I don't know if a paw hacked in would be functional (my current character has a number of them, and so doesn't really need to hack any in).

And, by the way, the feathers came from the bird, not the thief ;)

anything