Topic: Tufted duck?  (Read 11108 times)

Roqi

« on: August 13, 2019, 03:39:47 PM »
While peeping around the game files, I found a sprite for a 'tduck'. On the wiki, it is listed on the Animals page as Tufted duck, but does not have a page of its own. I have never seen it in game. Does it appear, and if so, where??

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 10:01:20 AM »
Yes, they exist in the game. Their favourite habitats are small ponds and lakes at the mires and marshes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tufted_duck
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Roqi

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 05:39:18 PM »
Yes, they exist in the game. Their favourite habitats are small ponds and lakes at the mires and marshes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tufted_duck

Thank you! Weird that I've never seen one, I hunt in mires quite often. Time to hunt more!

ModernNorseman

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 05:13:58 PM »
Huh .. I've spent over 1100 hours according to Steam playing Unreal World, and I've never seen one either.

koteko

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 09:14:29 PM »
I have to concur here.. never seen one, I believe  ???

Brygun

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 12:26:27 AM »
And here I was thinking going to find a tufted duck was a Diirk pickup line.

Roqi

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2019, 07:58:36 PM »
Are you sure they are spawning as they should, Sami? It seems people aren't encountering them, especially seeing as the Wiki page has not yet been created either.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 05:43:10 PM »
Are you sure they are spawning as they should, Sami? It seems people aren't encountering them, especially seeing as the Wiki page has not yet been created either.

I'm pretty sure I've met them, at least upon introducing and testing the aquatic birds back in the day, but I'll check if their appearance frequency stats and all that is on proper level.

ModernNorseman

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2019, 06:01:40 PM »

I'm pretty sure I've met them, at least upon introducing and testing the aquatic birds back in the day, but I'll check if their appearance frequency stats and all that is on proper level.

Please keep us updated :) If you are at it anyway, perhaps you could check for mallards and swans too? It's extremely rare I see those as well, perhaps 1 or 2 times during 1100 hours of playing the game.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2019, 06:05:05 PM »

Please keep us updated :) If you are at it anyway, perhaps you could check for mallards and swans too? It's extremely rare I see those as well, perhaps 1 or 2 times during 1100 hours of playing the game.

I will.

But mallards and swans do appear just right, and in my experience (even today in the game) are spotted quite often.
If something is extremely rare for one player it doesn't really tell anything. And you have to remember, even if something isn't seen it doesn't mean they don't exists.

ModernNorseman

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2019, 06:06:52 PM »

But mallards and swans do appear just right, and in my experience (even today in the game) are spotted quite often.
If something is extremely rare for one player it doesn't really tell anything. And you have to remember, even if something isn't seen it doesn't mean they don't exists.

I absolutely agree. Just wanted to mention it, in case the spawning rate had been affected by something else :)

Tom H

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2019, 07:08:25 PM »
I'm pretty sure that 'tufted duck' is just sexual innuendo. Like in 'I'd love to get into her 'tufted duck'... (hehe)

koteko

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2019, 02:18:37 PM »

Swans I see often in lakes, but you have to go around in a boat a lot. They won't come to shore (as far as I know).

I got quite a few mallards and golden eyes bothering my new settlement, just south of Owl territory. Around lakes you'll see (and trap) quite a few of them :)

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2019, 04:02:21 PM »
Tufted ducks have been checked out now, and indeed there was a tufted bug - or a little something to tweak regarding their commonness.
Even though tufted ducks could be found their commonness value was mistakenly initialized to minimum default and not to their species specific value. So, they were super rare.
It's fixed now and in the next patch tufted ducks will be more common.

koteko

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2019, 06:13:49 PM »
Yay! Thanks Sami :)

anything