Topic: Can't finish the ritual-quest!  (Read 3994 times)

morrneyo

« on: April 22, 2019, 12:04:52 PM »
I put silver thing (in my case I used sliver ring) on ant nest as sacrifice at night and waited until next morning to meet forest spirit or something. But nothing happened and this is my third attempt. How can I finish the ritual?

Meet the Spirit of the Forest
'The spirit of the forest can be met and addressed by sacrificing silver at an ant nest. You do it alone at night, and then wait for the spirit to arrive. Do not fear and he may speak and show himself to you before dawn.'

PALU

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 02:44:42 PM »
I believe you use the "general sacrifice" ritual while standing on the ant nest (or possibly next to it), and then select the silver item from the list of things presented as the object to sacrifice. I.e. you use the same ritual as you do to appease the spirits of the forest and the ones of the water normally.

Ara D.

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 12:13:42 AM »
It definitely is general sacrifice. Also it won't allow you to sacrifice silver unless certain conditions are met. You can not sacrifice silver at will, I know this because I tried after finding my lost animals after a robbers attack.

Tom H

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 03:35:28 AM »
I truly think there's some bug in this ritual. I've done it before, successfully, but only after several attempts. I have it again and have failed on the first attempt, again. I've just given up on the ritual because I can't see any value for the time invested.

I also don't bother with the Lost Animal quest anymore. I wasted too many days searching dense woods for footprints that, in the end, found nothing.

However, to the OP, I can attest that the first ritual on the list, the Sacrifice, is what needs to be done to complete this. It won't use up the entire silver item, just takes a tiny bite out of it.

morrneyo

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 01:28:29 PM »
Yay It worked! I 'general sacrificed' silver ring standing on ant nest and I met white ghost thing at night! Thanks guys!