Topic: [Diary entry] Talks with PhD about folk beliefs in UnReal World  (Read 6527 times)

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« on: March 14, 2019, 11:11:53 AM »
The folklore, mythology and folk beliefs displayed in UnReal World have also arised academic interest.
Last weekend fresh Doctor of Philosophy, mr. Kyyrö, from Univerity of Turku School of History, Culture and Arts Studies paid a visit and came to talk about these themes for a project he is planning regarding computer games and religion.
Should there be some related publications or articles in the future, I'll keep you updated, but you gotta be patient as ambitious academic studies are proceeded slowly and carefully.
It's the same with ambitious iron-age inspired computer games too... :)

- Sami | UnReal World creator

PALU

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 05:38:33 PM »
So, will he provide you feedback of real folklore findings he's made, or is he only dealing with the computer side, rather than the comparison to the actual underlying folklore?

Interesting regardless, though.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 12:26:42 PM »
So, will he provide you feedback of real folklore findings he's made, or is he only dealing with the computer side, rather than the comparison to the actual underlying folklore?

Interesting regardless, though.

He's from department of study of religion, so it's certainly not only the computer side. We'll see, but if the project gets planned and going the game and my answers will be used as references and sources within academic context - be it articles, or bigger publications. My spoken words would also end up in university archives for the future generations to use.   
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything