Topic: Rendezvous for Foreign Traders  (Read 3692 times)

Tom H

« on: March 10, 2019, 08:39:39 AM »
I think it would be great if there were an annual rendezvous of foreign traders somewhere so the PC is not limited to only randomly occurring encounters. French traders did something similar when trading for buffalo and beaver furs in the US. One might even be able to order something for the next rendezvous from the traders. I've never really accepted that there are groups of traders wandering the forests of Finland without an established circuit through the villages.

Ara D.

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 09:15:24 PM »
Argree, also it talks about the Dirk being traders I would not mind seeing in their walled city's some sort of contact point or trade outpost with forien traders

Tom H

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 01:36:14 AM »
I was thinking there could be an annual post on the Baltic Coast, representing the Baltic trading nations, and there might be one on a long river that connects to the Drik area.

Ares

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 02:10:43 AM »
I've long thought this as well. Traders should have established routes, aiming for settlements, and you should be able to ask villagers in a town if/when they next expect some traders to come. It's odd for them to just wander out to the wilderness, throw a party, and then vanish.

anything