Topic: Savefile locations on a Mac?  (Read 4192 times)

ellie

« on: February 12, 2019, 01:33:16 AM »
Hi --

I've been playing URW for awhile, so I have a number of saved characters who are unplayable in the current version. I'd like to delete some of those save files so they can stop cluttering up my list of characters. Unfortunately, I've not been able to locate my save files.

I'm using a Mac, and I downloaded URW from the homepage, not Steam.

PALU

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 09:12:37 AM »
I'm not using a Mac, but on Windows saves are stored in folders beside the game itself (in my case inside the UnRealWorld folder), where each character folder has the name of that character.

Thus, to delete a character you delete the folder with the character's name (and its contents, of course). Also, you may want to regularly backup your current character in case UrW crashes (uncommon, but it does happen), as that can corrupt the save folder (not every time, but it happens). This can be done by simply making a copy of the folder, which doesn't result in a new character showing up as playable (I assume the copy naming scheme results in a name that UrW doesn't accept as a viable character name).

ModernNorseman

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 02:25:05 PM »
Hi!

I also play on Mac, however, I'm using the Steam version so I don't know how much of a difference there is.

I have an Unreal World application in my Library I can right-click and press "Show Package Contents", which will open up for access to the folders Unreal World is using. Those are "Frameworks", "MacOS" and "Resources". Under Resources, each of my characters will have a folder named after their ingame-name.

I hope this is of use to you :)

caethan

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 04:01:17 PM »
There are actually *two* locations, depending on how you're running the game.  If you're running the stand-alone version, savefiles will be in:

/Users/YOUR_USERNAME/Library/Application Support/urw3-Darwin

If you're running the Steam version, savefiles will be inside the Steam package - right click on the game in the Steam menu, click "Properties" then "Local Files" then "Browse Local Files".  You'll get a Finder window with the URW application inside it.  Follow ModernNorseman's instructions on how to get to the savefiles inside.