Topic: Is Nerjpez on open water a bug for a feature?  (Read 4165 times)

Brygun

« on: November 28, 2018, 11:25:36 PM »
Had an unusual encounter today with a Nerjpez apparently trying to cross a wide river/lake when I paddled along, circled him and then tried to close.

I did move onto the same square seeing both mine and his graphic overlapping. Negative on encounter zoom. Manual zoom in done but I couldnt find him.

Did he drown? Thats how Im rp-ing it for now.

Zip of game available upon request.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 12:01:26 PM »
Had an unusual encounter today with a Nerjpez apparently trying to cross a wide river/lake when I paddled along, circled him and then tried to close.

I did move onto the same square seeing both mine and his graphic overlapping. Negative on encounter zoom. Manual zoom in done but I couldnt find him.

Did he drown? Thats how Im rp-ing it for now.

Zip of game available upon request.

If you still got the save feel free to send it and I'll check if he's somewhere to be found.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

PALU

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 02:20:20 PM »
Even if he did drown, his body and gear ought to be found where he did croak, as UrW doesn't (yet) account for whether things ought to float or sink. I've never seen a Njerp swim, however, as they stop their chase when the water gets too deep to reach the bottom.

I did once encounter a Njerp on a 3*3 skerry 5 or so tiles off the shore. As the skerry wasn't climbable, I couldn't collect his gear and some of my arrows, though, as he died at the center. I suspect he spawned there. This was a fair while ago, before the magic system rewrite.

anything