Topic: Find quest location  (Read 5201 times)

Råttan

« on: November 23, 2018, 08:35:27 PM »
Hi!

I just got my first quest. (Not played for a while and got back now.) I got a big round circle on the map, and a decent description on how to find a wounded adventures shelter.
Now: Can I find it if on the "zoomed out" map, or do I have to walk around in the zoomed in map to find it?

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 08:56:42 PM »
zoomed in map
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Råttan

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 11:15:51 PM »
Intersetingly, I missed the shelter and just walked passed it, but when I zoomed out again, it was on the zoomed out map as if I built it myself, and easely enough to find. :)

PALU

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 09:42:13 AM »
Those area quests can require quite a lot of searching, so it seems you got lucky. Using an organized search pattern adapted to the quest helps.

Plotinus

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 08:30:25 PM »
For a starting point, if they say it's "4km away" then I count out 31 steps in the direction, make a marker on the F6 map, continue counting to 40, make another marker, compare it with the circle on the F6 map, and then try searching that area first, branching out from there if necessary.

PALU

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 10:34:07 PM »
That's an interesting approach, Plotinius! I haven't heard of it before (let along thought of it). I assume it has worked out for you so far?

Plotinus

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 01:57:36 PM »
I feel like most of the time it's in that area of 10x10 tiles, but not always -- sometimes that takes me to the edge of the circular region because "northwest" doesn't necessarily mean "exactly in a straight line to the northwest", but it's a decent starting point.

anything