Topic: [not a bug] Blunt Arrow/ Arrow and wood building has a gap in the east wall?  (Read 6073 times)

Tom H

« on: September 17, 2018, 01:27:28 PM »
When I go to weapon creation I find that the two arrow types have the required components list reversed. Thus, I had to choose 'Arrow' which had the Blunt arrow ingredients. Alas, after I used blunt arrow material, I still only got regular arrows.

After building the wood structure I found I could not smoke meat. I get a message saying my building is not complete. Upon inspection I noticed there is a gap between the NE corner and the east wall. I REBUILT the structure and noticed that the NW corner is longer than the NE corner, hence there is a visible gap on the east side.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 10:22:45 AM by Sami »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 01:45:58 PM »
When I go to weapon creation I find that the two arrow types have the required components list reversed. Thus, I had to choose 'Arrow' which had the Blunt arrow ingredients. Alas, after I used blunt arrow material, I still only got regular arrows.

Do you use vanilla files or are there some mods?
I can't reproduce (nor understand) this. Any other players noticing the same?

After building the wood structure I found I could not smoke meat. I get a message saying my building is not complete. Upon inspection I noticed there is a gap between the NE corner and the east wall. I REBUILT the structure and noticed that the NW corner is longer than the NE corner, hence there is a visible gap on the east side.

Hard to get a picture of this. Could you post a screenshot of the structure?
- Sami | UnReal World creator

PALU

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 03:02:50 PM »
I believe the building issue was a player error, failing to actually build the last section of the wall and getting confused by the visuals. https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=3700.0. That issue was resolved, eventually.

As I'm using a mod, I can't comment on the arrow issue.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 03:08:19 PM »
I believe the building issue was a player error, failing to actually build the last section of the wall and getting confused by the visuals. https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=3700.0. That issue was resolved, eventually.
Yep. That's what I thought as well.

As I'm using a mod, I can't comment on the arrow issue.

Ok. I think we would have heard of this many times earlier if there was a real problem. Misclick might explain.

Well, the topic stays open for a while for possible follow-ups...

Tom H

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 06:40:29 AM »
Sami- Aye, the building discrepancy was cleared up for me. I'd suggest to new players that, in building a wall, one should face the character directly where they intend to build the wall and take one step backwards. That is, in order to build an east wall, move north, bump into the north corner and take a step backwards.  That should avoid the optical illusion that led me to my error.

As to the arrow bug, I've wondered if it had to do with me playing for 18 hours without restarting my comp? I can't duplicate it, so, I guess I just messed up. Sorry!

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 10:19:17 AM »
Okay, Tom, thanks for the response and no problem, this case is cleared now. Whatever the blunt arrow thingie was I don't suspect a bug there. However, material requirements shouldn't still change no matter how long you play. Just repost if it ever occurs again.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 10:22:18 AM by Sami »