Topic: Add pickaxe  (Read 4795 times)

tedomedo

« on: September 13, 2018, 08:04:15 PM »
My suggestion: add tool pickaxe to use it for breaking walls in caves and get stones. Pickaxe would be used for fighting too with axe skill.
And related wish: stones could be used to make stone bricks which could be used for building houses.

shorun

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 11:45:23 PM »
My suggestion: add tool pickaxe to use it for breaking walls in caves and get stones. Pickaxe would be used for fighting too with axe skill.
And related wish: stones could be used to make stone bricks which could be used for building houses.

stone houses get cold, really cold.

not the best idea, using cold stones in -30C. better use wood.

tedomedo

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 07:38:52 AM »
Well i would still like such house. All  houses look the same in game and this is boring. Well, logs, wooden stakes, boards... of different kind of trees could have different color so that entire house or parts, fences and other wooden items would have different colors. This would enable color creativity.
Pickaxe could be used to find iron in caves in order to be able to repair iron armors and create iron tools and weapons. Or to break big stones (of course not in villages with big stones walls).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 07:56:34 AM by tedomedo »

PALU

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 08:57:11 AM »
There isn't much color variation in wood (at least not those that would have been available in Finland at the time), although there are some slight ones, so it would be a matter of hue rather than color, and would increase item count (not to mention having to deal with displaying mixing of wood in items such as walls, fences, and doors). Brightly colored trees are nice in games not rooted in realism.
Mining is not thought to have been practiced in the area at the time. The somewhat more advanced Vikings used bog iron, not mining from mines, so there's no reason to assume the iron age Finns used mines.

tedomedo

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 12:23:28 PM »
So Suomi was like my country Slovenia, didn't produce anything except food and wood.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 10:10:51 PM »
There are some mods which can allow you to make different-colored log houses.

anything