Topic: Salt and functionality  (Read 5423 times)

Kallev

« on: August 02, 2018, 10:06:49 PM »
Hello all, I've been playing the game for a few years now and just started to mod my game a bit. I'm trying to make a functional recipe for drying out a large volume of water into a small quantity of salt.
Code: [Select]

.Salt. "Salt" [effort:0] [phys:stance,arms] *COMMON* /2/ \22d\
{Water} #100# {[TILE:Hole in the Ground]}

Is what I am currently using, and it does produce an item called salt. The problem, however, is that this salt is not recognized by the game as the one true salt, usable for cooking. As well, I have tried to place the [WEIGHT:#] tag into the recipe in order to control how much salt gets made, but the game ignores it and produces a volume of salt that is <.1 lbs. I was hoping to get some help from the more knowledgeable members of the forum, or at least found out if it is even possible to produce salt using the current modding functionality.

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 03:09:22 AM »
Hello,
Not sure what problem you're having.

Just to test I did
.Salt.
only nothing else and it produced about 4 lbs of "tasty" salt.
I went to cook / salt / picked some fish / picked the tasty salt and salted fish will be ready in 5 days.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Kallev

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 06:29:23 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the help. I got to thinking today that maybe there is something elsewhere within the file that is throwing things off, or maybe the game does not like what submenu I have put the salt under?
Code: [Select]
[SUBMENU_START:baking]

.Bake Hard Biscuit.  *COOKERY* /45/    \3h\  %-20%
{Flour}      #3#    [remove] [bake] [name:%s Biscuit]
{Water}      #0.5#  [remove]
{Seasoning}  #0.25#  [remove] [bake] [optional]
{Tallow} #0.5# [remove] [bake]
[NAME:Hard Biscuit]
[SPOILAGE_DAYS:0]
[TILEGFX:it-flbread]
[WATER:0]

//TODO: use a new graphic

.Render Fat.  *COOKERY* /5/  \1h\  |-1|
{* fat} #0.25# [remove] [boil] 'Fat to render'
{* fat} #0.25# [remove] [boil] [optional] 'More fat'
{Water} #1# [remove]
[NAME:Tallow]

[SUBMENU_END:baking]

[SUBMENU_START:vegetable]

.Roast vegetable. *COOKERY* /5/ \30\ |-2| [patch:10]
{Vegetables} #1.0# [remove] [roast] [name:Roasted %s] [naming:original] [patchwise]
{Seasoning} #0.1# [remove] [roast] [optional] [patchwise]
[COOK_WEIGHT_DIV:1.5]

[SUBMENU_END:vegetable]

[SUBMENU_START:Drying]

.Dry Berries.       *COOKERY*  /5/ \5d\   |-2|  [patch:20]
{Berries}        [remove] [roast] [name:Dried %s] [naming:original] [patchwise]
[COOK_WEIGHT_DIV:5]

.Dry Mushrooms.      *COOKERY*  /5/ \5d\   |-2|  [patch:20]
{Mushrooms}        [remove] [roast] [name:Dried %s] [naming:original] [patchwise]
[COOK_WEIGHT_DIV:5]

.Salt.
[SUBMENU_END:Drying]

This is my current cookery_sufficiency.txt, a modified version of the Sufficiency mod. I noticed just now actually that when copying the file to paste in to here, there are a lot of weird spots in the text file where two tags are right next to each other, like [THING][OTHER_THING], but require me to hit the arrow key twice to go from one bracket to the other, like there is a missing character there. Everywhere that missing character exists in the text file, there is a line break when pasted as code. Maybe there are excess line breaks somewhere that I didn't notice? Going to investigate more.

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 07:10:07 PM »
I see the problem,
Salt exists in the game.
You need to move your salt production to the (M)ake menus to produce salt.
Making salt in the cooking menu has the game thinking it's making an item named salt.
Cooking function combines the nutrients (values) of the items that are inputted to make one food item.ere

Hope this helps you get where you're going.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Kallev

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 07:22:00 PM »
Aha, you are exactly right! Thank you very much! It's working and everything, thank you so much.

anything