Topic: Auto-tresher  (Read 15513 times)

jhharvest

« on: April 29, 2017, 04:57:10 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9TdoO2OVaA&t=0s
If Primitive Technology can make an auto-hammer with just a stone axe, I demand Sami implements a water powered auto-tresher! :D :D :D

Spoiler: show
Whaddayamean it's not historically appropriate! :D :D :D

toxoide

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • ñam, galletas :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 03:36:27 PM »
i just have a question:

"Tecnología primitiva: Martillo accionado por agua (Monjolo)"
the previous is the one you saw, even the title? it apeared in my feed also, but did'nt noticed how the name was in spanish

jhharvest

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 03:54:22 AM »
No, for me the title is "Primitive Technology: Water powered hammer (Monjolo)". Maybe you've left your (nuclear powered) auto-translator on, or maybe Google is experimenting with offering alternate titles based on html lang request. Not sure really what's the cause there.

toxoide

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • ñam, galletas :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 03:14:22 PM »
justo got curious, another one with another browser native lang? who can shed light in this
it was in spanish, with everything in the description in the same languaje .... but was the only video of that chanel which showed it.... maybe because was trending?

Privateer

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 05:53:50 PM »
Topic for me?
Topic: Auto-tresher

video of water powered auto-hammer
Though I found his woodwork to be the most fascinating.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Brygun

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 10:43:55 PM »
Likewise auto thresher.

We could use as a later development "installations" or outdoor furniture. One of the newer iron working mod uses a 1,000 lb weight to make the bloomery defacto fixed in place.

KillerFRIEND

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 10:37:17 PM »
How about making a compost pile where it would turn into dirt after sometime has past.

Brygun

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 08:13:03 PM »
What use are you expecting for the dirt?

The real world people the game is based on fertilized with Ash, not compost. At least as far as we see in the game.

PALU

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 09:29:04 PM »
Neither compost nor ash or any other fertilizer were used in the UrW time line. The ash resulting from the slash-and-burn may sort of be considered fertilizer, but I don't know how much peoples who used that technique realized it (as opposed to being a result of burning everything to clear the area).

I don't think the concept of water powered equipment had spread very far into the backwards areas at that time, even if they would have been able to build it if they'd known about the concept.

Brygun

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 10:31:17 PM »
I know in 'medieval europe' the Miller as a thing. So Middle Iron Age yes. Early Iron Age though?

To be honest I'm more inclined to say the ancients had water powered things than to say they didn't. However, it would be a research challenge to find or not-find evidence of it.

Heck, the Babylonians had water gardens and the Eygptians seasonal irrigation troughs along the Nile. As for early iron age Finland, this I am not sure of.

A big factor is the finding of useful drops. In this regards I would think Finland with its Mountains, Cliffs and Hills would be likely to have them. Now, that is not necessarily going to be good places to farm.

anything