Topic: Lurcolm's Craft Collection  (Read 12289 times)

Lurcolm1

• Not freezing to death is achieved by murder
    • View Profile
« on: June 28, 2018, 08:16:23 PM »
Alright. I'm new to this and I'm kinda worn out because I spent the entire day's free time obsessively working this mod.

It's a rework of Buoiddicca's Crafts. Trimming a few bits here and there and generally trying to make it work better. I added a sort-of glue system and I also modified a few of the primitive tools so you can have a bit of an easier life when you're stuck without an axe or a knife made of iron.

Amazingly enough, all this shit started because I wanted to make living without using Iron a tangible thing, and it just escalated from there.

https://github.com/Lurcolm/Lurcolm-s-Crafts-Collection

First off, make a backup of your "diy_glossary' and "biy_glossary"

then take the files from my folder and dump them into your Unreal World folder.  It's crazy alpha, I'll have you know. I want any and all bug reports regarding this

caethan

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 12:01:53 AM »
May I suggest uploading the raw files to github instead of the .rar?  Makes it a lot easier to see what's going on.

Lurcolm1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 01:19:32 AM »
That's a good idea. Imma go do that now

Lurcolm1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 02:12:10 PM »
turns out the .rar file is the smarter choice, sad to say

caethan

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 11:00:58 PM »
Why?  What problems were you having with the raw files?  Github supports downloading packages as .zip files without any issues.

Lurcolm1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 11:06:46 PM »
Why?  What problems were you having with the raw files?  Github supports downloading packages as .zip files without any issues.

I'll convert it to zip, then.

The images wouldn't load properly due to how it was made, but I can easily switch it over to zip.

koteko

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 12:45:13 AM »
You shouldn't simply convert it to zip, but leave the raw files in github (just unpack that archive and add the files separately, then commit and push). You can then make a release available for people that want to download an archive (I wouldn't: I would clone it, so I can get updates with a simple git pull).

Lurcolm1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 12:57:17 AM »
Honestly, I'm not quite sure how to do that. I'll just keep it as a .zip for now

JEB Davis

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 05:08:20 AM »
Is it possible to attach the file here on this forum?

Lurcolm1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2018, 09:16:00 AM »
Is it possible to attach the file here on this forum?

You can, yeah, but there's a size limit

koteko

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2018, 12:43:31 PM »
It's easy mate, and it's worth to understand it. In Italy we say "you did 30, now do 31". I have no clue why we say that, but I digress.. :P

You already have a file, a ZIP archive. You added it to Github. How did you do it? The same process can be used to add the non-compressed directory to github (or directly its contents). The end result would look like.. any other Github repository, eg urw-sufficiency.

The big advantage is that people can see your files without downloading, can report issues, even fix them via a pull request. It's a very powerful system.

Lurcolm1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2018, 05:32:06 PM »
It's easy mate, and it's worth to understand it. In Italy we say "you did 30, now do 31". I have no clue why we say that, but I digress.. :P

You already have a file, a ZIP archive. You added it to Github. How did you do it? The same process can be used to add the non-compressed directory to github (or directly its contents). The end result would look like.. any other Github repository, eg urw-sufficiency.

The big advantage is that people can see your files without downloading, can report issues, even fix them via a pull request. It's a very powerful system.

The problem I I had was that the truetiles didn't load properly, but I jimmied that one out while I"m talking to you. Thanks for the little pep talk :3

koteko

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2018, 05:49:11 PM »
Maybe it's due to the software you are using to add things to Github? There shouldn't be any issue committing files of any type.

I'm glad you sorted it out, anyway ;)

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2018, 10:29:51 AM »
As we say in Australia. You sir, are a bloody legend.

Lurcolm1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2018, 03:01:16 PM »
I'm finally adding things!

Added a few weapons: The maul, the small flail and the crossbow. I changed the leather requirements of the flail and I fucked around with the stats of bows to balance the Three Big Bows: Longbow, Hunting Bow and Northern bow.

I even have a changelog now :3