Topic: Version 3.51 released on Steam and for Lifetime Members  (Read 19990 times)

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« on: June 17, 2018, 05:18:47 PM »
Version 3.51 is now released on Steam and for Lifetime Members.

Here comes a minor but significant new patch before I'll start settling for summer holidays.

The additions in this version 3.51 mostly consist of balances, fixes and additions related to interacting with both the spirits and NPCs. Many small game hunters should be happy to know that for example the unreasonably harsh forest spirit mood changes are now toned down.

Find the full changelog below, here's UnReal World Steam page, and the version is also available for lifetimer members at the designated forums section.

I wish you all great adventures in both real and unreal worlds -
and nice and cosy summertime, if that happens to be your local season.

Cheers!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 3.51 (stable) changelog

** Saved characters from version 3.40-> are compatible with this version. **

- added: map of known areas (F6) remembering the toggleable settings to show or not to show cultural areas and map markers

This was once featured, but got broken somewhere along the way. The settings are remembered after exiting F6 map view and persist until toggled otherwise. The display for both cultural areas and map markers is on by default when the game is first started.

- added: ask NPCs to find quest related persons in villages

You can now ask villagers if certain quest related persons are around. This is done by automatically appearing chat options within the common greet dialog. For example:
"Is Sampsa around?" or "Where can I find Tornia?"
All the quest related persons, including the original quest giver, are covered within these chat options if you are aware of them.
There are some exceptions though; NPCs who are involved in quests themselves can't be asked for others whereabouts, but there are always enough common villagers around to assist you.
When it comes to finding quest related persons in other villages the chat options become available only when you are in the right village where the person can be actually found. This can be considered slightly gamey in our standards, but it is more helpful that way.

- adjusted: no more multiple villagers with same names

Possiblity of two NPCs having the same name within a single village has been removed. In seriously crowded clustered villages it is theoretically possible that villagers might run out of unique names, but real chances for that to happen are practically non-existent.

MIGRATION NOTICE: Within villages created in the previous version two persons with same names may still exists.

- added: dozens of new northern names

Due to aforementioned adjustment it was necessary to add lots and lots of new names for northern men and women.

- improved: NPC name randomization routines

NPC culture has more distinguishable influence to their given names. There's noticeable variation between the eastern and western names, but especially the current wider range of northern names now appear unique from rest of the world.

- added: light a torch with another torch

If you are already carrying a lit torch a new torch can be lit of it. This is done in normal fashion by [a]pplying the torch to be lit.

- balanced: forest spirit's attitude in regards to hunted animals - size and significance matters

When an animal is felled the forest spirit's mood change and need for compensation by sacrifices now depends on the size and significance of the animal. Previously almost all the killed animals were valued equally by the spirits which resulted in small game hunters often receiving unreasonable disgrace. Now it is far more tolerable to hunt smaller game and get along with only casual sacrifices every now and then.

- fixed: only one sacrifice allowed per day

If any kind of sacrifice to any spirit was performed even the different kind of sacrifices during the same day were considered excess. This was not intentional, and is now fixed back to normal:
You can perform multiple sacrifices on daily basis as long as they are targeted at different spirits, ie. forest or water spirit, or if the act of sacrificing is a part of unique spell.

- fixed: spoiled food items were seemingly accepted as sacrifices

Now it is foolish to try that sort of sacrifices.

- fixed: former companions never agreed to be hired again

Despite of their "maybe in the future" responses former companions did never reach proper status to be hired again. This is fixed now and companions can be rehired after a varying NPC dependant timespan from few months to full year.

MIGRATION NOTICE: Rehiring possibility timespan may appear glitchy as companionship date information was broken in the previous version. For most succesfull rehiring of former companions try it at villages that were visited long time ago.

- fixed: skinning young animals mistakenly gave adult animal size skins

Now skins obtained from young animals are more or less smaller depending on the cub/calf actual age and size.

- fixed: village items getting easily corrupt upon crash

Crash security improvements added in version 3.50 are hereby improved/fixed in regards to certain crash vulnerable village items.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 02:13:53 PM by Sami »
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 09:18:41 PM »
- added: light a torch with another torch ;D ;D ;D
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 09:40:55 PM »
- added: light a torch with another torch ;D ;D ;D

I just did what was suggested :)

MrMotorhead

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 02:01:59 AM »
Did the map maintenance changes make it into this patch?

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 11:07:25 AM »

The newslist is up there, but what changes you mean?

PALU

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 12:54:09 PM »

The newslist is up there, but what changes you mean?
Could it be this one, fixed in 3.50?
- fixed [rare condition]: all too frequent map maintenance with some old characters

Rustic

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 03:54:00 PM »
I've been playing this game for years upon years now and it never ceases to amaze me how you guys keep churning out high quality update after high quality update. Keep up the good work for many years to come!

tedomedo

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 08:30:26 PM »
Are tree saplings already available? Cutting trees for big house and other needs takes all trees in my settlement's local area. So it would be good to get saplings while felling trees and to use sapling for growing new trees.
Also small trees should grow.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 10:34:28 PM »
Sami has addressed before the idea of small trees growing to full-size trees - basically, it would take many years for a tree to grow to a usable size for logs etc.  And most UnReal characters simply don't last that long - very few players seem to keep a single character going for more than a year, or 2 years at the absolute most.  At least, that's my understanding.

tedomedo

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2018, 01:29:59 PM »
But if next version will be like sims  ;) with wife and kids, people might play it more than 1 game year. You could enable aging, switching (like in gta 5) to adult kid, which could go hunting without father.

Anyway, the most important thing to do is: find someone who can teach you to create first person view. First GTA had above view too, but now this is not popular and you won't get much cash on steam. We are used to use mouse for view and wasd for moving.

And something about current moving: when i accidentally go to fence, i get message if i want to climb. This is driving me nuts because i many times go to fence or high wall. I suggest to disable this messages and that we should always use skill climbing for going through fences.  The same with swimming. I go to village and there's water between trees, i don't see it, i go there and get message if i want to swim. Disable these messages or add option in settings to disable these messages.

PALU

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2018, 02:46:24 PM »
@tedomedo: I assume you haven't looked in urw_init.txt to find
- [AUTO_CLIMB_FENCE:ASK]
- [AUTO_WADE:ASK]
- [AUTO_SWIM:ASK]
then (and other settings, of course)?

The next version will most likely not include family, as that requires a fair bit of other functionality to support it first.

Sami isn't producing this game to roll in cash (I suspect it would be classified as a failure if that was the case), but to produce the game he wants to produce (while not ignoring input from players).

tedomedo

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2018, 08:50:00 PM »
Ah, i forgot urw_init.txt, sorry.
Is it correct that attributes still affect skill the same as in 3.30? I tried with cheat engine and i got the same skills values with all attributes maximized.

anything