Topic: Rewards from broad beans  (Read 4803 times)

ModernNorseman

« on: June 13, 2018, 11:41:06 PM »
Hello.

I'm curious as to whether it's a sort of bug that's happening to me, or whether there is some other factors that affects how many fistfuls of broad beans I get, whenever I thresh my plants. Sometimes I get the same amount of fistfuls as I have plants when dealing with broad beans. In other words, 10 lbs of plants wields 10 lbs of fistfuls of broad beans. Other times it gives 3 times the amount of the plants, so 10 lbs of plants wields 30 lbs of broad beans. How come this happens?

Thanks in advance :) 

caethan

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 11:50:47 PM »
It's based on your Agriculture skill and the plant.  The [QUANTITY] for broad beans is set to 5 in the files, which I think is the maximum yield of pods per plant.  But low Agriculture skill can cause you to lose some of the crop when you thresh.  I suspect that your threshing tool affects yield as well.  It's a random roll every time you thresh.  You'll see this also with peas, but the maximum yield of peas is lower, so the variance is smaller.

ModernNorseman

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 12:09:42 AM »
It's based on your Agriculture skill and the plant.  The [QUANTITY] for broad beans is set to 5 in the files, which I think is the maximum yield of pods per plant.  But low Agriculture skill can cause you to lose some of the crop when you thresh.  I suspect that your threshing tool affects yield as well.  It's a random roll every time you thresh.  You'll see this also with peas, but the maximum yield of peas is lower, so the variance is smaller.

Oh I see. That makes sense. However, it seems weird to me that the total weight of the output, can be higher than the weight of the plant. Perhaps the plant itself should be heavier, so the yield would always weigh less. Thanks for clearing it up though! :)

PALU

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 09:09:37 AM »
Yes, it's odd that the plant is lighter than the produce it can result in.  On the other hand, it makes it easier to bring the harvest home...

ModernNorseman

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 03:14:15 PM »
Yes, it's odd that the plant is lighter than the produce it can result in.  On the other hand, it makes it easier to bring the harvest home...

Ain't that the truth :D

anything