Topic: [not a bug] 3.50 Aggressive Livestock  (Read 8864 times)

RogueYun

« on: May 18, 2018, 09:29:13 PM »
Conquered a Njerpez village and tried to do a bit of livestock pillaging with this somewhat humorous result.

Save File:
https://tinyurl.com/yabfdq9f

At least it is training my dodge skill >.>
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 12:45:44 PM by Sami »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 12:45:26 PM »
Not a bug at all. Livestock can get aggressive too, and the odds are even higher if the person is unfamiliar to animals.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

RogueYun

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 10:31:20 PM »
I can understand a kick or two, but this was an all out assault from a sheep!

I've kept some livestock before and had my bits of roughness with them, but there should be an end. Especially if you have them around the neck by a leash.

*edit* as a side note, if this is intentional behavior, then the bug is that when you save, exit, and reload the animal will have suddenly become docile.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 08:49:56 AM by RogueYun »

koteko

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 01:03:30 PM »
Interesting - it's never happened to me. I wonder if it's related to spirit sacrifice or not.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 01:01:47 PM »
Interesting - it's never happened to me. I wonder if it's related to spirit sacrifice or not.

It's related to unfamiliar person all of a sudden handling livestock whose real masters are not around.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 01:07:45 PM »
I can understand a kick or two, but this was an all out assault from a sheep!

I've kept some livestock before and had my bits of roughness with them, but there should be an end. Especially if you have them around the neck by a leash.

It is intended, and varies. One might give you few a kick or two, some can rage for hours. And some don't do a thing.

*edit* as a side note, if this is intentional behavior, then the bug is that when you save, exit, and reload the animal will have suddenly become docile.

So you are referring to this same attacking sheep? Saving and reloading shouldn't automatically calm down any aggressive animal, but they can naturally calm down on their own.

RogueYun

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 06:32:17 AM »
So you are referring to this same attacking sheep? Saving and reloading shouldn't automatically calm down any aggressive animal, but they can naturally calm down on their own.

Yes. I've done it to multiple aggressive livestock. Saving and reloading does calm the savage sheep (or cow as sometimes the case may be).

And it doesn't appear to ever be a kick or two, once the leash is on and if they become aggressive they desperately try to kill you without ceasing. At least, the ones from Njerpez Settlements. Saving and reloading seemed the only option at the time (and I've done it with mulitple sheep and multiple cows ). I haven't tried taking the leash off though. Maybe that would help.

hantu1911

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 11:33:39 AM »
Well, I have a very bad experience with this.

Once I clear the entire Njerpez village without even a scratch, jump into the fench to leash the biggest bull.
Turn out to be !@#$ nightmare as the big bull turn aggro and start to attack.
Dodge failed. Right hand 100% crush. Injury level max.
Panic and try to climb the fence. Bad mistake. Big bad bull attack again.
One of the feet 100% crush. Can only crawl.
Quickly unleash and give the big bull a kick to the head. Bulleyes, the big bull calm down.

Crawl out of the fence to tend the injury. Took nearly a month to heal completely both injury. So was on my belly for 2 to 3 weeks. Damn sad.

Instead of leash the animal ASAP after killing everyone, better to leave the village for one night before trying again.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 08:12:12 PM »

Yes. I've done it to multiple aggressive livestock. Saving and reloading does calm the savage sheep (or cow as sometimes the case may be).

And it doesn't appear to ever be a kick or two, once the leash is on and if they become aggressive they desperately try to kill you without ceasing. At least, the ones from Njerpez Settlements. Saving and reloading seemed the only option at the time (and I've done it with mulitple sheep and multiple cows ). I haven't tried taking the leash off though. Maybe that would help.

Could you send me a savegame where this calming can be reproduced. I have tried and can't make it happen. It probably would need to be done so that you save the game prior to making the animal angry. Then backup it somewhere. Now try to make the animal angry, if it works, then save, and if it's calm again when reloading then the backup save is something that I can try out.

anything