Topic: Persistent world  (Read 4106 times)

Cynicus

« on: May 06, 2018, 07:27:42 PM »
I'm aware that one of the dev plans is to be able to get married, have children, and play as your child (in the same world, I assume) once your current character dies. In the meantime, I've been wondering about the possibility allowing for persistent game worlds between unrelated characters.

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 07:49:11 PM »
 In version(s) prior to current I have tried transferring a world to an unrelated character with some success. Some items got confused, as the transferred world had caves and  homes with lots of items.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

PALU

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 11:09:40 PM »
It wouldn't work too well to play in the same area with multiple characters because the world decays currently. That is, people die in villages due to drowning themselves in the village wells, getting killed by wild animals/Njerps, and die as hirelings when your character fights robbers. None of those losses are replaced currently, I think.

Reputation will probably also be screwy, and it seems people are willing to be hired at most one time currently, so you eventually run out of hirelings for that reason as well, and unless you find a way to hack that, I would expect the transplanted character would inherit the hiring block.

You'll also have vagabonds cutting down a large number of trees, although you may consider that to be an advantage, especially if the trees are spruce.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 04:06:14 AM »
I think this would be really cool.  Dwarf Fortress, for example, allows the ability to re-settle or re-explore abandoned fortresses. 

In Unreal World, you could re-discover abandoned shelters and cabins - perhaps in a delapidated state of decay, with some items missing from robbers and animals.

It would also be cool to sometimes discover randomly-generated camps, abandoned settlements, etc whilst traveling the world.

anything