Topic: Mother pipe, where are you?  (Read 4802 times)

aat

« on: May 03, 2018, 03:53:55 AM »
My survival of the owl-tribe has been asked by a fellow villager to find 30 patches of mother pipe leaves.

It's fall month, and my character so far has been exploring only the vast owl tribe region, hunting and trading with the sparse villages.

However, he hasn't found any mother pipe so far

Now, I've read on the wiki that the Mother pipe grows in the north (so owl-tribe region should be fine) in Wetland, Grove, Meadow terrain... which terrain are those??? I've never noticed! What I see is only open, spruce and pine mires, coniferous and lichenous forests, and heatland.

Any suggestion? 

MrMotorhead

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 04:06:27 AM »
I think the best way to find enough mother pipe to finish that quest is by walking around lakes.  The corners of the lake seem like the best places to look, but you just have to be persistent.

You might try harvesting the plants with the agriculture skill and threshing them for maximum yield.  I'm not positive that method will give more leaves, but it might give you some other part of the plant, like roots which you can use after you hand in all your leaves.

PALU

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 10:29:17 AM »
Mother pipe is the northern plant corresponding to bear pipe, and so is rather useful. As MrMotorhead said, the banks of rivers and lakes are the best bet. Grove is a type of lush vegetation that typically exist as single tiles and look slightly different from other types on the overland map. I'm not sure what meadow corresponds to. Anyway, walk on river banks and lake shores.

Threshing gives additional parts, but I don't think it gives more leaves. Also note that you can pick young leaves of plants not yet ripe for harvest. Harvest is generally the better option if available and you're able to thresh them (I'm not sure if pipe plants require a grain flail or not: if you don't have one, I'd play it save and pick the leaves, but you could try to harvest the smallest stand you see, drop it on the ground, and try s-a-t and see if it's threshed or if a flail is required).

anything