Topic: Village inventory  (Read 3475 times)

Samutar

« on: April 30, 2018, 10:29:39 PM »
Do villages inventory change overtime or are they static ? Do they change based on the season ? quality of items improve/degrade over time ?

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 11:01:40 PM »
They do change. I'm not sure how often the items change or if they just change at random, but it's very infrequent. If nearby villages don't have what you're looking for, you're better off looking for further away villages than waiting for the nearby ones to change their stock.

There is some seasonal variation - winter furs become available for trade in the winter, and I think the seasons affect availability of crops as well.

I have no idea if the quality of items changes over time, but I would assume it doesn't, given that masterwork items are available right off the bat.

PALU

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 12:46:11 AM »
Farming produce is seasonal, so seeds are hard to find after the planting season starts, but easy after harvest, and the produce itself becomes abundant right after the beginning of harvest.

When it comes to the stuff I'd actually want to buy (after the initial purchase of seeds) I'm not sure I've seen any turnover, but I haven't looked closely. It's supposed to be subject to a turn over, so I assume it is.

There is no reason for any kind of quality progression, as UrW is a rather static world: changes were typically over the span of centuries rather than years for people living back then (except for fire burning villages down, war, etc.). Thus, masterworks item availability ought to be random, although it might be weighted towards larger/wealthier villages (and different weights for different cultures, of course).

anything