Topic: New villagers and domestic animals spawn in villages?  (Read 4486 times)

serenity01

« on: April 13, 2018, 03:02:39 PM »
It's been a while since I last played, probably over a year ago. I'm liking all the new changes, but one of the things that bothered me in the past was how all the domestic animals in villages would eventually run out (esp. dogs) and never replenish, and that no new villagers seemed to ever be born.

In a world where many things are dynamic in the wild, the fact that villagers and domestic animals were completely static in population seems jarringly out of place and keeps me from playing one character indefinitely. Still a great game though, don't get me wrong :)

So I wonder if there is some sort of villager population growth/decay system implemented at all? And if new domestic animals ever get spawned for villages that sell them?
And maybe domestic animal breeding? Or new villages spawn in the wild, etc.?

Any updates done to these issues or any planned for future?

Thanks!

MrMotorhead

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 05:48:34 PM »
I think some or all of these features are planned, check out the dev goals: http://www.unrealworld.fi/urw_development.html

I think the replenishment of animals would be a somewhat easy thing to add.  And it would make sense realistically, dogs are nearly fully grown at one year old, for example.

caius

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 07:12:22 PM »
Are small animals young animals?  Is a small sheep a lamb or just a little sheep?

PALU

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 07:18:38 PM »
There might be a villager replenishment in a backwards sort of way. Some quests have you look for an individual in another village, and that individual acts like a village member and as if knowing the PC, but the PC doesn't know his name. As far as I can tell (which is by no means certain) these characters spawn (rather than their names being forgotten), but I can't tell whether they remain in the village once their role has been played or not (someone with greater social skills than me might be able to remember everyone in every village and note whether the new ones remain, but I certainly can't).

@caius: No. Small animals are adult individuals smaller than a percentage (20%, 30%) of the average. "Child" animals only exist for some wild species, but not yet for domesticated ones (nor for all wild species either).