Topic: Giving a "pause" tag?  (Read 4416 times)

Luminous

« on: March 30, 2018, 03:09:53 AM »
Hello! I'm new to modding, and I wanted to know - is there a way I can add a pause tag to a handicraft? I'd like to be able to stop working on, for example, a bow, without losing my entire progress. I tried looking to the building stuff for help (since you can pause those constructions...), but nothing popped out at me. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 03:49:40 AM »
Tasks/processes being "continue-able" are limited to some internal game functions and are not exposed at this time.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

PALU

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 01:26:27 PM »
There is a cumbersome work around for tasks that would take too long to be possible to do in one sitting, and that is to split the task into several steps, such a log->Initial Foo->Halfway Foo->Partial Foo->Foo. That's definitely not elegant, though. Another work around is to require X Bar items as input for a Baz item, and each Bar item takes a possible amount of time (it's essentially the same work around, but with a nicer coat of paint).

Making it possible to interrupt/resume more tasks will be developed eventually, but it remains to be seen if that extends to modding (and before that, of course, the interrupt/resume extension will have to be implemented, which may not be a near term goal).