Topic: Fish Farmer module v3.5  (Read 13455 times)

Privateer

« on: March 22, 2018, 07:23:24 PM »
********NOTE: You have to be logged in to see the downloads*************

The fish farmer module v3.5 (This version for previous URW versions (Below 3.6))
Allows you to gather and raise your own fish for food and profit.

The fish farmer module v3.61 (This version for URW 3.6 and above)
-With Birch bark fixes
-Production limits changed
-Fixed crafted birch bark weight/craft time
-Clarified recipes to more clearly/cleanly state what's needed
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 08:16:10 AM by Privateer »
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

princebunnyboy

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 05:05:04 AM »

The fish farmer module v3.5

Hey I'm using your Fish mod and the Self Sufficiency mod and under M you guys have the same keybindings, so when I try to press Weaving it goes to Fish Egg Harvesting. How can I fix this? Thanks!

Privateer

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 07:12:23 AM »

The fish farmer module v3.5

Hey I'm using your Fish mod and the Self Sufficiency mod and under M you guys have the same keybindings, so when I try to press Weaving it goes to Fish Egg Harvesting. How can I fix this? Thanks!

That is odd mainly because,
The fish farm doesn't use the "M" key
{Menu Binding}
Code: [Select]
.Gear.  -G-   *MAKE*
.Job tools.  -J-  *MAKE*
.Fish farm.   -F-   *MAKE*
.Feed fish.  -I-  *MAKE*
.Harvest fish.  -H-  *MAKE*
.Egg collection.  -E-   *MAKE*

I'm not familiar with the other mod you mention, and I doubt  clash in headers, Egg harvesting uses
Code: [Select]
[SUBMENU_START:Egg collection]
[SUBMENU_END:Egg collection]

Unless the other mod is calling a tag named the same.. which would be weird.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

PALU

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 09:08:45 AM »
Don't all of those go under the 'M' menu as sub menus?
Thus, I suspect the poster is trying to say the sub menu bindings clash (without explicitly mentioning which ones, although I suspect it would be 'e' given your snippet).

If that's the case, it's fixed by changing the sub menu key binding of one of the clashing mods to use a key currently not in use anywhere.

princebunnyboy

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 03:33:11 PM »
Thus, I suspect the poster is trying to say the sub menu bindings clash (without explicitly mentioning which ones, although I suspect it would be 'e' given your snippet).

If that's the case, it's fixed by changing the sub menu key binding of one of the clashing mods to use a key currently not in use anywhere.

Exactly, it's under shift-M. So when I press E it goes to fish Egg harvest instead of weaving. Even when I manually press it, it goes into the egg harvesting menu, making it impossible to weave.

How would I change it?

zer0lis

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 04:11:21 PM »
Exactly, it's under shift-M. So when I press E it goes to fish Egg harvest instead of weaving. Even when I manually press it, it goes into the egg harvesting menu, making it impossible to weave.

How would I change it?
I guess you do it from menudef_jobs.txt. you use the self-sufficiency mod by caethan, I encounter the same problem. Plus, crafting nets are duplicated but no other issues. Most mod tweaking is farly easy
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 04:13:32 PM by zer0lis »

Privateer

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 04:25:07 PM »

How would I change it?

For my mod the key usage can be changed in the file "menudef_jobs.txt" you'd need to assign a non conflicting letter to each menu.
Mods:

Wintermute

• Things aren't different. Things are things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2020, 04:00:54 PM »
The line for Birch-Bark no longer functions as the base item bark no longer exists. Substituting branch solved this issue.

Privateer

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2020, 07:22:57 PM »
The line for Birch-Bark no longer functions as the base item bark no longer exists. Substituting branch solved this issue.

Thanks for letting me know, I'm glad you were able to make a fix.

I've been thinking of updating this for a while and since the game now 'has' birch bark, this task is no longer required as it can be collected in normal fashion.
 The item 'trigger' available now is "Birch-bark strip" and a length.

I'll see if I can't get to it this weekend ;) Thanks
Mods:

Wintermute

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2020, 08:27:45 PM »

Thanks for letting me know, I'm glad you were able to make a fix.

I've been thinking of updating this for a while and since the game now 'has' birch bark, this task is no longer required as it can be collected in normal fashion.
 The item 'trigger' available now is "Birch-bark strip" and a length.

I'll see if I can't get to it this weekend ;) Thanks

I do quite enjoy the mod.

The "Birch-bark strip" is an ideal solution.

I look forward to seeing an update to this mod.

Privateer

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2020, 08:29:41 PM »
 The top post has been updated with v3.6 Fish farm
Birch bark can now be used from Vanilla game harvest, the birch bark task remains in the job queue as you my need some out of season, though at a much lower harvest rate.
The amount of fish harvested at the end of the process has also been modified.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 08:31:28 PM by Privateer »
Mods:

Wintermute

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2020, 07:02:48 AM »
The Birch-bark strip manually gathered ends up being 14 lbs each at 10 ft. An 80 ft strip gathered via vanilla mechanism weighs 2 lbs. A 100 ft strip should weigh approximately 2.5 lbs making a 10 ft strip 0.25 lbs each.

Also when it asks for birch bark to maintain the fish tank,  it is unclear in the game text what is being asked for.

Privateer

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2020, 08:17:02 AM »
The Birch-bark strip manually gathered ends up being 14 lbs each at 10 ft. An 80 ft strip gathered via vanilla mechanism weighs 2 lbs. A 100 ft strip should weigh approximately 2.5 lbs making a 10 ft strip 0.25 lbs each.

Also when it asks for birch bark to maintain the fish tank,  it is unclear in the game text what is being asked for.

Thanks for the feedback, I knew I was over confident with an easy fix ;D

The top post is updated with a more? fixed version >_<
Mods:

Wintermute

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2020, 11:41:17 PM »
I appreciate the work.

It seems to be running perfectly now.

Thank you.

anything