Topic: February life  (Read 14989 times)

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« on: February 27, 2018, 05:57:27 PM »
Hey good people and fellow adventurers,

time for a little february life update as I've seemed to be semi-absent for awhile. What went down is that I took some time to travel to Norway to meet some friends,
came back and discovered the beauty of february winter snow blankets and increasing sunglight,
equipped my new cross-country skis and had a blast with them in the woods for days,
then developed a nasty flu -- and now recovering from all that.
Because of all this I've been very slow on e-mail as well, but as the week goes on I'll be replying at least to the urgent stuff.

On coding front I'd like to fix just a little more and then release 3.50 stable while the winter still continues - cause now I've got probably the greatest skis I've ever owned.

These are Taiga cross-country/hunting skis of russian origin. The proportions comes close to the great ancestral skis of ancient Finns - and many other ugric / north eurasian peoples.
They are naturally all wooden, and after this picture was taken a decent layer of pine tar has been put on the underside, and ties attached.

- Sami | UnReal World creator

Mati256

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 06:04:40 PM »
I noticed you where sami-absent...

I will show myself out.

mead

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 01:29:35 AM »
Hey man, good to see you back. Your new skis look awesome. Have fun with them and get well soon !

trento007

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 02:39:57 AM »
Being that my ancestry is primarily Norwegian and I love the snow although we rarely get it here in California (asides from in the mountains) I am somewhat envious of your location :P

Nice cabin!

masif

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 12:11:48 PM »
Hello!

The first, i want to say URW is the best game i was ever played :)
Thanks for development.

it would be cool it was possible to plant trees. What do You think about this in next update? :)

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 07:51:24 PM »
Hello!

The first, i want to say URW is the best game i was ever played :)
Thanks for development.

it would be cool it was possible to plant trees. What do You think about this in next update? :)

Thanks for the compilemt, masif.
I don't feel tree planting really suiting the nature of the game, it feels something more modern in the world where trees are scarce.
Also, a planted tree would practically never grow big enough to be used for example as a good construction log during a lifetime of a character.

masif

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 07:12:47 PM »
Thanks for the answer :)

Yes, You have right.

masif

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 05:42:34 PM »
Hmm, and what do You think to add possibility storage the wather when its raining and boiling the snow?

WinterSpirit

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 10:03:15 PM »
Hi there, this is my annual visit. I'd like to request an update to 2017's development history before you forget any details, because this diary is really entertaining.

Also I hope you record more videos about bows, they are quite comfy.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 03:31:00 PM »
Hi there, this is my annual visit. I'd like to request an update to 2017's development history before you forget any details, because this diary is really entertaining.

Hello, an interesting and noble tradition you've got there ;)
And that is a fair reminder as well. I always have to read late release news and ponder for days to come up with those annual summaries, so not to worry about forgetting things. Update to the diary has been on my mind as well.

Also I hope you record more videos about bows, they are quite comfy.

Now I'm not sure if this references to archery stuff on Enormous Elk YouTube channel?
If so, then I should let you all know that archery videos can be found at my new designated Ugri Archer channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRjwaQZ0r_Z3rZrdwa0Z94g

..but if you already knew that then I'll just say that stay tuned, subscribe, follow the news, as more content on all fronts is what we keep on doing :)