Topic: Water Spirit  (Read 5494 times)

Falcc

« on: January 11, 2018, 04:24:28 PM »
I'm trying the new open beta and I'm wondering if anyone has had any success calming their local water spirit. Sitting naked on a rock in the middle of the water at midnight, as instructed, doesn't seem to bring them by. Could it be that it doesn't work in rapids? The waters seem very hostile, and I'd like to talk it out with these spirits if possible.

Salador

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 10:13:53 PM »
I have finished this quest in 3.40, and it worked out quite fast for me. Is it a single rock that you are sitting on? I finished the quest on a small lake. There was a 2 tile rock about 2 or 3 tiles away from the shore. If I remember it right I went to sleep naked on the rock early in the evening (late summer), and I was woken up by the nearby water spirit. He was around for a bit then disappeared, and I went and turned the quest in.

Falcc

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 09:49:02 PM »
It is a single rock. Maybe the quest only works with still water, and not rapids. I will try it again in another location. Thank you for the feedback.

StudleyKansas

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 07:53:23 AM »
I did this quest today and felt fortunate that I didn't have any trouble with it.  The ice had just thawed, and I found a single tile piece of land surrounded by water, slept till midnight, got naked and passed time until the spirit showed up.  I didn't have to climb to get on that one tile of land, don't know if that matters.  It wasn't rapids either.

marginoferror

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 07:29:13 PM »
I did it. It was a little hard for me to figure out how to raft onto a single tile island, until I found one that was smoother on one side and so wasn't too steep to land on. Once I found it, I stripped down, pressed minus to wait and then my wait was interrupted around midnight by the water spirit.