Topic: [discontinued, no bug suspected] water spirits won't come 3.50b2  (Read 6120 times)

Plotinus

« on: January 01, 2018, 06:00:40 PM »

I've tried with a few different "base rock" tiles, like the one shown in this image. I've tried being naked and leaving all my stuff on the shore and swimming out to it and I've tried just dropping my whole inventory on my punt at my feet on the one tile. I think both of these methods worked in 3.40 but I tried them both just in case. I tried at a "crag" tile too, which didn't work (but it didn't in 3.40 either).

Am I doing something wrong? Has it changed? Or it's a bug? I can provide a save for this character if needed.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 12:32:08 PM by Sami »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 06:36:26 PM »
It hasn't been changed, at least not deliberately. Feel free to send a savegame and I'll check it out.

How about others, can anyone testify of success or odd failures with meeting water spirits in 3.50beta?
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Korvi

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 03:26:11 AM »
I successfully met a water spirit in 3.50b2 but I had to try two different locations before it worked. I'm not sure I was on the right kind of rock the first time.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 06:38:02 PM »
I successfully met a water spirit in 3.50b2 but I had to try two different locations before it worked. I'm not sure I was on the right kind of rock the first time.

Thanks for the follow-up, Korvi. Haven't heard of Plotinus nor got the save, but it seem there's no reason to suspect a bug.
Spirits are not automatic beings, and as every area and territory has got spirits of its own their moods or behaviour is not universal to the whole game world.

Plotinus, if you happen to spot this, feel free to send the save nevertheless so we can confirm.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything