Topic: [not a bug, solved - migration hassle] 3.50b2 - fur cap has no effect  (Read 7561 times)

amyhistoria

« on: December 28, 2017, 06:30:45 PM »
When examined, the fur cap didn't give any protection values (in my case it was a bear fur cap). Also when viewing overall protection using "A" (while only wearing fur cap at head), there are nothing either.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 07:41:01 PM by Sami »

PALU

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 06:38:09 PM »
I just looked at my character (whose fur cap I think was starting equipment), and both 'A' (after removing the helmet and hood) and looking at the inventory and pressing return when the fur cap is under the cursor shows Average warmth and protection. My character was started with 3.50b1, migrated to b2.

Is your cap worn down to a sliver? If so, you may consider repairing it or making a new one and check again.

amyhistoria

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 07:52:50 PM »
I just looked at my character...started with 3.50b1, migrated to b2.
Is your cap worn down to a sliver? If so, you may consider repairing it or making a new one and check again.

Not sure what version the character started with, but definitely after 3.18. The cap was a full one. Also I didn't understand what "to a sliver" means.

PALU

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 09:31:10 PM »
Sorry, what I meant was that it was worn so much only a small piece of it remains, i.e. the quality bar shows only a little piece (a "sliver". as in: Only a small sliver of the moon was visible, as it was new.).

Can your character make a new cap out of some hide (you can copy your save folder, try it to see if the results are different, delete the folder, and restore the original) and try with that cap, to rule out e.g. strange properties carried over from a cap made/bought in a fairly old version.

Privateer

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 10:10:31 PM »
Since the "old" fur hat is from some previous version and may have coverage issues. I'd suggest using the fur hat to manufacture a new fur hat.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

amyhistoria

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 05:09:16 AM »
Yeah, after backup the save, I made a new badger fur cap and remade that cap also. They have protection values.

anything