Topic: Just Wow  (Read 9966 times)

syluis

« on: September 13, 2017, 07:16:21 AM »
I have never played something like this quite in my life before.

The attention to detail and the realism is actually quite amazing. Being someone who has never played a rougelike (I think thats right), before, once I started I was instantly hooked. I could easily see myself playing this for many years to come. My like character drowned from swimming too far. It was a sad day indeed. But i say walk it off!

Seriously brava!

koteko

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 08:31:21 AM »
Have fun! :)

PS: it's roguelike

caius

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 04:41:12 PM »
My like character drowned from swimming too far.

You aren't the only one who has done this.  My first character died in the same way and I realized there was no save* or reload built into the game.  I thought, crap, this game just got real. 

*There are ways around this, but the reality that a character might die changes how you act when you: consider provoking a wandering bear, encounter a pack of wolves, agree to hunt down a band of thieves, or try to steal from a village.

spamgoose

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 11:45:49 PM »
It is a phenomenal game. You'll also quickly learn that the community is just as awesome, so pop by any time.

You aren't the only one who has done this.  My first character died in the same way and I realized there was no save* or reload built into the game.  I thought, crap, this game just got real. 

*There are ways around this, but the reality that a character might die changes how you act when you: consider provoking a wandering bear, encounter a pack of wolves, agree to hunt down a band of thieves, or try to steal from a village.

This is definitely the core thing that makes the game so different. My characters are almost always too cowardly (or I am) to go confront njerps alone, so you end up doing things like gathering up NPCs to deal with threats, or even abandoning a trap fence until things seem less scary.