Topic: Spotting, getting noticed, by unconscious NPC  (Read 222 times)

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« on: May 15, 2024, 11:58:51 PM »
I would think unconscious NPC should not spot hiding character.
Noticed this with a hare, would be more dramatic if it were Njerpez.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2024, 11:07:08 AM »
Hmm. Creatures can also regain consciousness (based on the condition checks) and as I don't recall there's a message when it happens so this might not be an actual bug.
A message about "[npc] regains consciousness." would solve the problem, but then again in real life it would be quite difficult to notice - until the NPCs gets up, if they are able to.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2024, 05:40:42 AM »
The hare was still unconscious as the character moved 2 more tiles and then killed the hare with the axe’s poll with a perfect hit to its skull.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2024, 03:38:48 PM »
The hare was still unconscious as the character moved 2 more tiles and then killed the hare with the axe’s poll with a perfect hit to its skull.

Ah, so there was the "Deathblow is possible..." etc. additional information in yellow text shown when selecting attack aspect?

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2024, 06:54:20 AM »
I’m not sure we’re on the same page here.
I don’t recall seeing yellow text or “death blow is possible” ever.
Most of the time getting big game, moose (alces alces (elk (cervus canadensis)is sort of taxonomy misnomer:) is British English error) or bear unconscious, it’ll take 10+ axe poll hits to skull to kill the animal.

I thought alternate target option was all there was. Instead of head-body-arms-legs, you get to target skull-neck et cetera. I don’t recall other options of the unconscious as game animals get ‘skull’, Njerp and robbers get ‘neck’…

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2024, 12:23:30 PM »
I meant this descriptive text at the bottom of the aspect and aiming zone selection dialog.
It should appear always when trying to hit an unconscious creature.

But it's my bad of not noticing from the messages the skull zone being selected, which confirms it's properly gone through "deathblow at unconscious" selections and that the hare was considered unconscious by the game. So I'll be checking out the code, and trying to reproduce. The most plausible explanation in my head still is the some messages missing for a reason or another, but we'll be hopefully wiser in a while.

anything