Topic: [3.82] Community Mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing and  (Read 9480 times)

Brygun

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2023, 10:32:18 AM »
Realized I hadn't been updated thread post #1 with the current zip. Have done so.

Brygun

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2023, 02:27:06 PM »
BAC_3_82_w_2023-12-09-A

Modding reference:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=Modding

BAC thread:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=7176.0

>>>

Changes made this time:

>>>
diy_BAC_Armor_Iron_Wood

= Menu spaces being used for new leather items that appear in the diy_BAC_Armor_Leather_Fur

= Added iron gorget and a version with pauldrons

>>>

diy_BAC_Armor_Leather_Fur

= New leather items to protect neck and neck+shoulders, aka gorget.

= Added leather gorget and a version with pauldrons

Galgana

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2023, 12:01:07 AM »
With permission JP_finn's bait making, using smaller pieces added. While doing this discovered adding regular build items to the cookery menu. Moved some things over like Privateer's fish cuts, making JP_finn's hot smoker and the kebab stick making from the Nerjpez cooking (from another community member). These are also easier to find as the 2 builds are now in the same general menus where they get used.

Those moves freed up some menu space which is an important part of managing such a large mode.

I'm having doubts as to whether crafts under cookery submenus inherit any properties from "base item" in the recipe header.
Will I have to worry about tools suddenly going stale and spoiling if I don't add a line for [SPOILAGE_DAYS:0]? (That was a coding goof in my initial release of sledwagon reborn when loads are converted to fish, but cookery submenu products receive a spoilage value by default unless specified otherwise.)

Moving DIY recipes to cookery also has an unintended consequence where, for example, .Clean fish. produces fish cuts that aren't accepted as {Raw fish}; instead, they're treated as cooked foods. And I'm assuming the same applies to the baits, which probably reduces their efficacy with animals that prefer eating raw ingredient subtypes.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2023, 04:00:38 PM »
When I made the baits mod, the cut fish baits are indeed raw, but I don’t know if moving it to cookery messes it up somehow.

Morcalvin

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2023, 09:37:30 AM »
Does this include the encyclopedia file?

Brygun

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2023, 05:52:38 PM »
Does this include the encyclopedia file?

BAC doesnt update the encyclopedia.

However if you open the various biy and diy files there are often notes.

Brygun

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2023, 05:53:37 PM »
When I made the baits mod, the cut fish baits are indeed raw, but I don’t know if moving it to cookery messes it up somehow.

Huh...

if that's a thing, and it might be by the other feedback, I might be able to work the baits into BAC properly. Menu space limits.

Brygun

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2023, 10:10:17 PM »
Ive decided to going to back up Calle's story a bit. The reason this matters to the BAC is that I mod while playing. I don't really mod a game I'm not playing.

I'll be backing out the bait recipes from cooking as that didn't work.

I will try to find space for some of the bait but I don't expect to fit all of it.

The seeds for birds seem very good.

Fishing already uses in 0.1 lb bits so thats a low priority.

Maybe meat slices for the small game too. However in most of my play throughs once you catch a big animal you get excess of rotted meat which they will still go for as bait.

Brygun

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2023, 10:24:33 PM »
BAC_3_82_w_2023-12-09-A

Modding reference:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=Modding

BAC thread:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=7176.0

>>>

Changes made this time:

>>>
cookery_glossary

= Fish cuts and bait removed based on reports that items in cooking become cooked food and no longer work as raw

>>>

diy_BAC_Fishing

= Fish cuts restored after failed use of cooking menu

>>>

diy_BAC_Utility

= Bait moved to here, managed to fit all 3 by removing line spaces

= line breaks removed to create space

>>>

Brygun

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2024, 05:53:13 AM »
Since Im in a dry spell of playing Im not keen to do the update for the upcoming "hafting" update... which once again creates a mod collision in using a top level letter for... what... all of 2 recipes? which basically already exist in BAC. The use of a staff already matches shaping a rod to be a handle.

Therefore recommending if you are playing from the steam directory to turn the updates off.

If might come out okay in space allotments or it might not. Not sure if its going to be a hardcoded recipe or something we can't turn off.

rancherfer

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2024, 05:47:52 AM »
Thanks for all the great work you've done!

Apparently there's an error with the stone arrowheads. They are named just "Arrowhead" but when trying to craft arrows, they are not recognized as arrowheads.

Is this an intended change?

Thanks again

Brygun

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2024, 01:08:23 AM »
Broken is never intended.  ::)

Ill take a look.

May have been a game update somewhere changed base objects.

Brygun

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2024, 01:11:24 AM »
Apparently there's an error with the stone arrowheads. They are named just "Arrowhead" but when trying to craft arrows, they are not recognized as arrowheads.

The recipe in question appears to be a straight copy of the 3.80 vanilla recipe.

Current BAC:
.Stone arrowhead. [effort:2] [phys:hands]         *COMMON*  %-30%     /45/       [patch:5] 
{Rock}       [remove] (1) [patchwise] [noquality] '+(for the head)'
{Stone}             '+(for grinding)' [noquality] [ground]
//3.80 gave this vanilla recipe

From vanilla 3.82
.Stone arrowhead. [effort:2] [phys:hands]         *COMMON*  %-30%     /45/       [patch:5] 
{Rock}       [remove] (1) [patchwise] [noquality] '+(for the head)'
{Stone}             (1) '+(for grinding)' [noquality]

I don't see a difference.

As such if it is a vanilla bug that needs to go to the Bug forums. However before doing that can someone do a check on a vanilla non-BAC game to see if stone arrowheads work?

« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 01:12:56 AM by Brygun »

littlemoons

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2024, 09:20:17 PM »
Question: Is the nettle cheese recipe in BAC 3.82 the same as this one?

https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=2360.0

rancherfer

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2024, 04:30:30 AM »

I don't see a difference.

As such if it is a vanilla bug that needs to go to the Bug forums. However before doing that can someone do a check on a vanilla non-BAC game to see if stone arrowheads work?

Just to be super clear on this, the problem appears when trying to assemble the arrow. You have the feathers, the stone arrowhead and the shaft.
When you select the "Arrow" option, it asks for an arrowhead, it doesnt recognize the stone arrowheads as such.

Another thing I noticed its that after you craft the stone arrowheads, they just show up as "Arrowhead" (fine, inferior, etc). They don't show as stone arrowhead.